The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Coffee... I'm sure we all have the same preferences, right?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
Let the in depth coffee connoisseur conversation continue ...

To quote @Krabby from the last thread....

I'll say my standard is a cup of instant, decaf, imported from Canada, Tim Hortons... Or, when we are in the North, a decaf double double (or "décaféiné deux deux")
OMG, what a train wreck that is, instant is almost always bad, decaf is pointless and Tim Hortens is worse than Starbucks if that’s possible and it’s hard to believe it is possible and yet here we are.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OMG, what a train wreck that is, instant is almost always bad, decaf is pointless and Tim Hortens is worse than Starbucks if that’s possible and it’s hard to believe it is possible and yet here we are.
What do you mean ‘almost always’ bad? There’s an exception?
in my family we have established that instant is a valid drink, the problem revolves around it’s adherents applying the word coffee to it, so we have all agreed that coffee means coffee, and ‘cup of scum’ means instant. Everyone happy, and the odd laugh when someone else is in the house…

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
What do you mean ‘almost always’ bad? There’s an exception?
in my family we have established that instant is a valid drink, the problem revolves around it’s adherents applying the word coffee to it, so we have all agreed that coffee means coffee, and ‘cup of scum’ means instant. Everyone happy, and the odd laugh when someone else is in the house…
Fine with me. Not to me telling someone off what is correct or not. To me each brewing coffee and roasting is an art of its own. The same for distilling spirit, chocolate or other tasties. Its like everything of this, some prefer it this way or another and that is style of life. You might have other interest where your focus on and where you are willing to invest more than average. But exactly that is what this is for, we share one common interest but others may vary.
(y)

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
Hm it’s @James decision, if he likes it that way.. to me coffee from those large roasters, cheap beans roasted in hot air at 600C in less than 90 seconds, all natural flavors gone and later artificial flavors sprayed on .. in Germany there is about 2 Euros roast tax per kg coffee roasted. If then coffee is sold for about 8euros a kg, deduct roast taxes, vat, So guess what are the earnings for producer, shipper, roast company and retailers..
proper organic grown coffee, with fair treatment of participants, may cost between 22 Euro and 25 Euros per kg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
Woooaaaahhh there. Actually it was @anand who made that post - not me! So, have a go at him 🤣

On a personal note, I don’t actually drink coffee. Never have enjoyed it TBH. My folks always drank coffee - mom in particular probably had 7 cups a day - but it’s never been my thing. And the times I do, it’s like a Beastie Boys lyric-”I like my sugar with coffee and cream!”

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Woooaaaahhh there. Actually it was @anand who made that post - not me! So, have a go at him 🤣

On a personal note, I don’t actually drink coffee. Never have enjoyed it TBH. My folks always drank coffee - mom in particular probably had 7 cups a day - but it’s never been my thing. And the times I do, it’s like a Beastie Boys lyric-”I like my sugar with coffee and cream!”
I was responding to Anand

Makers52129

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
I just can’t ever decide, so I just keep a wide variety! And yes I’m lazy so I go with the K-cups

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom