The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Centre Differential

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
So there's some stuff posted on the front and rear differentials, but what about the centre differential?

Have Ineos got a bespoke one, third party supplier or rolled along with the ZF one?

The only reference with ZF I've read suggests that they were/are using a unit from Torsen. Do Torsen make anything manually lockable?

Anyone know anything more?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
So there's some stuff posted on the front and rear differentials, but what about the centre differential?

Have Ineos got a bespoke one, third party supplier or rolled along with the ZF one?

The only reference with ZF I've read suggests that they were/are using a unit from Torsen. Do Torsen make anything manually lockable?

Anyone know anything more?
Is Torsen a company? I always thought it is a short version of Torque sensitive.

D

Deleted member 9045924

The center differential is a Tremec two-speed transfer case unit with a 2.5:1 low range.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Is it located at the front of the case?

Checking my photos, all only show the rear of the case.

So is it all so much more compact than a land rover setup.?

Green is the linkage for hi/low; and blue the linkage for the diff lock?

IMG_20221002_072539.jpg

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
I can’t seem to find the answer so forgive me if I missed it, but what rear gear ratio is in it? The Rubicon Jeeps are 4.11 (can get 4.88 from factory), regular JK 3.73, new Defender 3.55 but I can’t find the specs on the IG.

NVM - I found a thread that said 4.10s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom