The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Cable for trailer electrics

Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
I have just picked up my grenadier and don’t know how to link the vehicle’s trailer electrical socket to a standard Australian trailer. Does anyone know if a cable exists that will plug into the grenadiers socket and into the trailer socket. Thanks

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
I have just picked up my grenadier and don’t know how to link the vehicle’s trailer electrical socket to a standard Australian trailer. Does anyone know if a cable exists that will plug into the grenadiers socket and into the trailer socket. Thanks
congrats on your Grenadier!! :)

what sort of socket on a standard Australian trailer were you envisaging ...a flat 7 pin, round 7 pin....
Adapters seems to very between A$70 -$100+
I recently bought one of these for $29 delivered https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2737986...d=link&campid=5338980679&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I normally assemble my own adapters, but in this case it wasn't worth the effort the ($29) price. The quality of the one I bought is very acceptable...

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
Just ask any potential seller if Pin5 is wired up for electric brakes…… if you intend on using electric brakes.

Local time
Reaction score
congrats on your Grenadier!! :)

what sort of socket on a standard Australian trailer were you envisaging ...a flat 7 pin, round 7 pin....
Adapters seems to very between A$70 -$100+
I recently bought one of these for $29 delivered https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2737986...d=link&campid=5338980679&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I normally assemble my own adapters, but in this case it wasn't worth the effort the ($29) price. The quality of the one I bought is very acceptable...
Thanks for the info Denis👍

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

Rugged

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is a 13 pin to 7 pin large socket available, I am going to try the Land Rover Discovery 7 pin large to 7 pin small, that works alright with my existing trailers. I will get to you on the results😀
The Redarc trailer parks go in pin 12, I am waiting on the correct socket from Element14, Redarc do supplier the completed kit including wires and cabling, make sure you get a 2 or 3 metre cable for the dash to controller cable.
I still have not found the correct position to pick up 12vdc power supply for the Redarc, I belive its near the main left handside underseat fuse box!

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bought 2 cheap ones. Both had diodes in backwards which caused me no end of grief.
Personal recommendation is the Narva one, it works a treat on my car.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
X2 for the Narva adaptors. I rewired one so the pin 9 power wire goes to pin 2 on the flat 7 pin plug as my cub camper Redarc BMS uses this as a signal to start charging when the Anderson plug is connected.

cheers Steve

Back
Top Bottom