The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Breakers, Wreckers and Salvage Grenadiers

Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
It might be of interest to some for a new thread or classified section for Grenadiers in salvage auctions, wreckers or breakers yards selling second hand parts. I understand that most of the Grenadiers are currently still under warranty but having the knowledge of where cars are being dismantled for second hand parts may be very helpful for people who want quicker repairs, repair their own stuff ups or people like myself who have a small collection of spare parts to maintain a vehicle. The thread's intention is not to discuss the accident but more for locating second hand parts from salvage and breakers who are not on Ineos forums.
Photos from Ineos Grenadier Owners Club FB
IG damaged 2.jpgig write off.jpg

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
It might be of interest to some for a new thread or classified section for Grenadiers in salvage auctions, wreckers or breakers yards selling second hand parts. I understand that most of the Grenadiers are currently still under warranty but having the knowledge of where cars are being dismantled for second hand parts may be very helpful for people who want quicker repairs, repair their own stuff ups or people like myself who have a small collection of spare parts to maintain a vehicle. The thread's intention is not to discuss the accident but more for locating second hand parts from salvage and breakers who are not on Ineos forums.
View attachment 7834856View attachment 7834858
First dibs on the grab handle....

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
Why don’t we as group buy it? We can start the Global Grenadiers Salvage Depot (G2SD) *note that it should be read as “G squared”. Everyone gets an ownership % based on their initial contribution. ”Owners” would get a discount based on their initial contribution and have priority over “non-owners”. There could be locations in the US, UK/Europe, and Australia Or each could be separate entities but have agreements to share inventory.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7834856View attachment 7834858
At least in a frontal crash - the cabin is VERY intact. The main cabin got very little damage. Okay seeing a Grenadier like so is a disturbing impression but on the opposite there was also some crash rating discussion. The picture of a real crashed vehicle and comparably low damage .. is a relief. At my Grenadier Dealer there was a iX 3 BMW that was definitely a write off, and on a Tesla who was shattered in pieces. Not much left of the main body. This here seems like it could be even be repaired with some effort. At least in low labour cost country. (Opinion from an amateur)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
This leads to an interesting question for early adopters.

If that was your vehicle, how long would it take for a replacement vehicle to arrive, or if it wasn’t a write off and repairable, how long would you be waiting for parts??

This aligns with the “new for old” clause with insurance whereby the insurer will replace your vehicle with a new one within the first two years, on the basis of replacement within 90 days, or pay you out at your nominated value. Bit hard to replace most vehicles within 90 days at the moment, let alone a Grenadier.

Likewise parts - how long would it take to get all of the parts to repair that (assuming it was repairable)? And therefore how long would you be off the road.

I know someone who had an accident in a Haval (Chinese) and he’s been told at least a 12 month wait for parts. Fortunately he can still drive it.

I know this is a tangent to the original post, but if insurance companies start paying out policies because they can’t be replaced, your “new for old within 2 years” policy is nothing more than a market or agreed value policy in reality, so I wouldn’t be insured for the purchase price, but for the amount to replace it with a new one with the built in price rises.

Back
Top Bottom