The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Brake Traction Controls

Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
The traction control or brake traction control will work both on and off road, but probably most useful off road.
It is very useful on winter conditions on road. Also Torsen diff is great. Somehow I just happen to know ...

IMG_7519.JPG

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
A note on Robert Peppers video and his statements about the weak BTC of the Grenadier.
I asked him in the comments "What do you think how the Grenadier would perform in this company with an improved BTC? At least I feel there is some potential here." To my surprise he answered pretty quickly "Better BTC is definitely the single biggest improvement area for the Grenadier! Employ some Toyota engineers :)".

So, for me it's clear, the Grenadier really needs a better fine tuned BTC.
Except that, with locking diffs, you really do not need any of these systems in an off-road situation ("IF" you know how to drive off-road!)..... Yust sayin'.... We got on perfectly well before these electronic "nannys" were invented...... (again, "IF" you know how to drive off road). Sadly, here in the US, I see lots of people (Not all: don't get offended unless you are one of them!) buying Jeeps, throwing big tires and lots of "stuff" on them and approaching every off road obstacle with the "hold my beer and watch this" attitude of "Maximum revs wins"......... ;) (yeah, I'm a grumpy old fart....)

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
So, for me it's clear, the Grenadier really needs a better fine tuned BTC.
This is really best suited for on-road use where the factory ESC is more than adequate. '

In my thinking TC is a good feature which basically doesn't add cost because it uses the existing mechanics but at same time is fairly adequate for most people in reasonbla conditions. But in no means it can't be compared to a mechanical differential lock that can provide true maximum traction. If you try to ascent a steep hill with obstacles no TC (so far) can outperform differential locks. TC also wears brake pads at terrible rate if used agressively. Fast response of TC may also stress axle mechanics due to shocks. Therefore it may be wise to keep the response at reasonable level.
Agree here 100%!

Back
Top Bottom