The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Battery location

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Blaidd.drag.mike said:
Just wondering here.   What specific accessories would benefit from the second battery?
Fridge , driving and camp lights , hot water , inverter - the list goes on.  Mostly the fridge for when you're in camp.Oh and if for whatever reason the starter battery dies somewhere remote, you have a backup.This type of product is useful because you can take it outside the vehicle and to the next vehicle if you sell up. All the work has been done and it easily connects to a solar panel. I might go this route with a slimline battery. AGM , maybe later lithium. https://www.australiandirect.com.au/buy/kickass-portable-battery-box-power-station-with-in/KAJBAGMKIT1

Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Blaidd.drag.mike said:
Just wondering here.   What specific accessories would benefit from the second battery?

In addition to other replies, its good to run a winch off a second battery - though it is certainly not necessary.

Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
Just like Tazzieman says......a second battery can be great for anything that is NOT the main starting battery.  Fridge, power to tent, power for radios, laptops, phones, inverters.....etc.  It allows you to keep your main for STARTING.  That way if anything else has erroneous parasitic draw, you only kill the Aux battery and still being able to start your engine.

Plus, it can be great to join the two for super cold starts, or weird winching scenarios.

Under the back seat is not too bad.  I'd feel much better about running lithium batteries as they are not exposed to as much heat. 

Having the batteries and fuses where they are is both good and bad like everything.  As long as I can still create a flat floor from tailgate to the back of the front seat, I'm ok with where they have them.

Back
Top Bottom