The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel B57 dpf remove

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:51 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone found out how to remove the dpf and egr from the B57 diesel engine?

BMW has been producing them for several years now and I think it's a now approved modification.

thanks

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
Lots of tuners in UK are offering services for deletion of add blue and other anti pollution measures. Not sure if I have the confidence to go ahead with such mod's, especially when under warranty.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lots of tuners in UK are offering services for deletion of add blue and other anti pollution measures. Not sure if I have the confidence to go ahead with such mod's, especially when under warranty.
Come MOT time you'd be in trouble. There would be no quick fix just for the test. Then no road tax. Then your first ANPR camera would ping.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
In Australia, with very poor anti pollution standards, this is a no no.
You'd be a right Wally if you deleted it.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia, with very poor anti pollution standards, this is a no no.
You'd be a right Wally if you deleted it.
The ADR requires Euro 5 standard, hardly poor. Plus our cars have a DPF and Ad Blue.

Local time
Reaction score
My point is that are significant numbers of 4x4s, buses and trucks spewing visible soot. And it's tolerated.
Not sure what happens down south but there is a a fair amount of emissions testing in QLD and the fines can be high, over $10k for a vehicle owner. The quickest most basic test for a deleted DPF is the thick soot layer on the tail pipe like old diesels, the police & transport department will check and defect the vehicle until tested at a test center.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure what happens down south but there is a a fair amount of emissions testing in QLD and the fines can be high, over $10k for a vehicle owner. The quickest most basic test for a deleted DPF is the thick soot layer on the tail pipe like old diesels, the police & transport department will check and defect the vehicle until tested at a test center.
Well in Tas, there is no RWC and no attention to sooty smoke Legislation a joke .
Our snakes are slightly less venomous.
Not sure what our pollution road toll is.
btw how do the 4x4 24/7 guys not get pinged?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
You can do it, but it is very naughty and in the UK and EU will get your vehicle impounded/prohibited and the owner/operator fined.

You will need to make significant changes to the engine ECU, which will be obvious to Ineos Automotive and will get whatever's left of your warranty binned.

One of the advantages of living in the English speaking world with a Common Law tradition is that regulations are rarely retrospective; if your 1989 LR110CSW was built with a smokey mill that barely managed 80hp and trailed smoke like a shot-up Spitfire, you are not expected to make it conform to more recent rules. So when I added a 200TDi and binned the TurboD boat-anchor, no one cared and I just had to meet the old emissions standards.

My shiny 2023 Euro 6 Grenadier has AdBlu and a DPF and I will be stuck with them until I can substitute the promised small nuclear reactor, ((c) Back to the Future), or the more likely EV or HFCEV modules.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another thing to bear in mind. Very likely that later versions of the B57 were actually designed to accommodate latest emissions.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I see them all the time, 4wds with black smoke pouring out and those incredibly stupid blow off valves.
I guess they do it because they aren't allowed to get number plates that say wanker.

Local time
Reaction score
Well in Tas, there is no RWC and no attention to sooty smoke Legislation a joke .
Our snakes are slightly less venomous.
Not sure what our pollution road toll is.
btw how do the 4x4 24/7 guys not get pinged?
I am guessing the 4wd/24 people like to keep their defect notices quiet, not good for the brands marketing. The emissions and smoke opaqueness was always tested in QLD but fines depended on the age of the vehicle and what emission laws the vehicle falls under. Like the anti-hooning laws in QLD all one needs is a member of the public anonymously to report your vehicle and then a letter arrives asking for your presence and your vehicle at a testing station to keep registration. This has been around for at least 30 years. Friends and I were asked to attend testing stations multiple times back in the day when people really started getting into turbo conversions, intercooling and tuning of n/a Land Cruisers and Patrols and we chose not to fit or delete fuel compensator aneroids to the fuel pump allowing the car produced excessive black smoke on take off until the turbo came on line.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My point is that are significant numbers of 4x4s, buses and trucks spewing visible soot. And it's tolerated.
Do not now what they do in Tasmania, but in NSW you would get a defect notice. You need a blue slip to get it back on the road and only after they check.

Back
Top Bottom