The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Australian East Coast "Q&A and Tech Talk"Tour

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
I received an invite today to the above hosted by Ineos Australia CEO Justin Hocevar, and Glen Boyd, the Aust/NZ Senior After Sales Manager talking about the engineering aspects.
Purnell's Sydney 27 Feb, Ignition Centre Brisbane 13 Mar and Brighton Vic 20 Mar 6-8pm.
I'm looking forward to it.
I know it's a small thing, but it reflects the constant inattention to detail which has seems to be a hallmark of elements of the Ineos (UK) operation which sent the invite:
the event is scheduled for 6am -8am!! whereas elsewhere it's 6pm-8pm....
Just wondering how many other Brisbane folk here might be attending? (at 6-8pm! ;))

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received an invite today to the above hosted by Ineos Australia CEO Justin Hocevar, and Glen Boyd, the Aust/NZ Senior After Sales Manager talking about the engineering aspects.
Purnell's Sydney 27 Feb, Ignition Centre Brisbane 13 Mar and Brighton Vic 20 Mar 6-8pm.
I know it's a small thing, but it reflects the constant inattention to detail which has seems to be a hallmark of elements of the Ineos (UK) operation which sent the invite:
Just wondering how many other Brisbane folk here might be attending? (at 6-8pm! ;))

See you there.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Denis. Did the invite come via Ignition as your agent? I wouldn't expect it to be a closed event but I'll ask my agent to get some info. I would like to attend.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Signed up for Sydney

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Would you mind asking for an update about the promised workshop manuals please? 😀

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't make it to Purnell at that time, probably like many others. Could we collate some questions for those attending to please ask for us? For example :
- When are we getting an official list of certified 'bosch' mechanics.
- Progress on The spoken about workshop manuals.
- in writing, about servicing vehicles ourselves
- it was mentioned to the Vic guys with their club about support from ineos. Will this be the case for all official clubs, let's get NSW branch going
- more for curiosity how the parts warehouse is progressing.

Just to list a quick few.
But I just realised its about the engineering aspect, so if they take those questions great.

Engineering wise....hmmmm questions....
- With how well built the grenadier is, robustness. It clearly can handle a greater gvm. Will ineos support its customers in achieving this. Or will it purely be left to the aftermarket.

- some clarity on roof loading. Gutters vs suppliers using the tie down rail bracket points.

- I have seen it mentioned ineos still looking to improve footwell/footrest. Haha I'm 6ft 6 and honestly it hasnt been a problem for me. Longest drive 5hrs only though. More so to secure more customers, is this true?

- bare bones grenadier on the cards at all at a cheaper price? Again to gain more customers.
the more that support the company the longer it will hang around.

Either or, any questions asked please someone take note and report back. We all love knowing anything concerning our new machines and the amazing company that has built them.

Cheers

Local time
Reaction score
I would love to go, but as per usual, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory miss out, or perhaps we don't count.
Pretty sure SA & WA have had like the last 4-5 Ineos events haven’t they? From memory since November they’ve had at least 2 4x4 shows, 2 drive events & a thing for tour down under… guess all that doesn’t count? It’s nice east coast are getting some love again 💁‍♂️

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would love to go, but as per usual, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory miss out, or perhaps we don't count.
I'm 1.5 hours from Ignition in Brisbane but didn't receive an invitation.
From the email:
Don’t worry if you can’t make it this time. We’re planning more events like this across the country, so keep an eye out for those happening in your area.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If they are also open to engineering ideas. A gutter incorporated into the top trim above the rear cargo doors would be fantastic. Even with an awning attached to roof rack. Can not park car uphill the slightest and leave doors open in the rain.
Instead I'm contemplating an adhesive gutter trim piece.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I attended this event last night as a guest of bigleonski. Was an absolute pleasure to meet him and DenisM. I'm sure there would have been a few other forum members there.
A great event put on by a local agent and the Ineos Automotive Australia leadership team. Maybe 50+ folks present as a mix of current owners and interested future owners. Wall to wall Grenadiers in every spec and colour/color 😉.
A few points that stuck in my mind overnight:
1. About 1300 Grenadier sales locally by the end of this month. Tiny market versus the UK, EU and US markets but a good initial take up against stiff competition. US is winning on sales and is absorbing most of the current production capacity.
2. Software is the biggest vehicle issue, with the AU/NZ and some SA markets impacted by a GPS signal timing issue which affects Apple Carplay, the Compass (if fitted) and Pathfinder. A fix for this may be about 4 weeks away. The software is currently undergoing validation in Stuttgart. Several (10?) vehicles are running the fix locally with good results.
3. IA acknowledged that their backend enterprise systems have let them and customers down quite badly. Affects orders, invoicing, tracking, etc. Justin suggested IA should have started the enterprise backend 1-2 years earlier. It is still getting many $M thrown at it to make it perform to expectation.
4. 100% commitment to delivering the promised access to workshop manuals, although perhaps not as fully featured as the version that agents get. Many issues surrounding this project including a suitable delivery platform (web-based) and legal aspects. Justin suggested we may see more on this in Q4/2024.
5. A$10M of spares holdings currently in the Melbourne Australia parts hub. Some parts remain in short supply.
6. The 'broken front driveshaft' was caused by a dislodged circlip. It could have been reassembled and put back in but IA opted to replace the shaft for expediency.
7. No clear root cause identified for the Stockton Beach vehicle fire. Assessment so far is that it was not related to a fuel (leakage) or electrical fault. IA Stuttgart want the vehicle shipped to them for further investigation but there are quarantine issues because the vehicle is full of beach sand and chemical residue from the burnt galvanized frame coating.
8. The first Quartermaster has landed in Australia for validation. First customer vehicles about a month behind that.
9. Quartermaster cab-chassis mentioned but no new details offered. Will go head to head on sales against the Toyota 79 series cab-chassis in Australia.
10. Future Grenadier MY is likely to require a 24V mild hybrid setup to achieve Euro7 emission standards.
11. Fusilier mentioned in passing. Likely release for MY26/27. BEV plus combustion engine 'range extender', i.e. an onboard battery charger.
12. Hydrogen is still in the growth plan. Bottle neck is the lack of filling station infrastructure.

That's my recollection. If you were there please add your inputs below.

Braydo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks very much - great summary. I do like the approach that Justin and the team are taking in engaging openly with owners through events like this. It's a good way to build trust in the product while also building a community among owners. I hope it continues. Thanks for providing a summary to those of us that couldn't make it.

Back
Top Bottom