The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Are you paying full gross for your preorder?

Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
A number of Grenadiers have been offered up on auction sites recently. Most have not met reserve or sold for less than MSRP.
It appears the demand is softer than the supply. Perhaps dealers have unsold inventory from customers who decided not to
finalize the purchase of their preorders. With that in mind I’m considering declining my preorder unless the dealer offers a discount,
Or purchasing a resale unit at better value.
I would be unhappy to pay full gross for my unit only to discover that surplus inventory was on offer at a discount to walk in customers.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge dealers are not offering surplus vehicles (or preorders) at anything above or below MSRP. There is a 'Surplus' at the moment (or call it dealer stock if you'd like) due to preorders arriving and people not taking delivery (mostly because the barrier to entry was so low and they had no skin in the game). If you have one on preorder to the exact spec you want, my advice would be to take delivery and pay MSRP rather than try to hunt around for a deal where you would not be getting exactly what you want....just my $0.02

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree with NoMoTaco above as it rare to find available inventory with desired options including:
Tow Hitch package, Front/Rear Diffs, winch, wheel preference, etc.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge dealers are not offering surplus vehicles (or preorders) at anything above or below MSRP. There is a 'Surplus' at the moment (or call it dealer stock if you'd like) due to preorders arriving and people not taking delivery (mostly because the barrier to entry was so low and they had no skin in the game). If you have one on preorder to the exact spec you want, my advice would be to take delivery and pay MSRP rather than try to hunt around for a deal where you would not be getting exactly what you want....just my $0.02
That is exactly what I did and loving the decision.

JayKrup

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
A number of Grenadiers have been offered up on auction sites recently. Most have not met reserve or sold for less than MSRP.
It appears the demand is softer than the supply. Perhaps dealers have unsold inventory from customers who decided not to
finalize the purchase of their preorders. With that in mind I’m considering declining my preorder unless the dealer offers a discount,
Or purchasing a resale unit at better value.
I would be unhappy to pay full gross for my unit only to discover that surplus inventory was on offer at a discount to walk in customers.
I ended up getting a dealers stock that was close to my build. Paid MSRP and would pay MSRP again and again, you'll know what I mean when you finally pick one up! Dealers are starting to get their own inventory along with the backed out orders so you may find something similar to your build.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Like others have suggested, wait for your build or maybe find one very similar but your still going to pay MSRP.

Anything at a discount now will be a bigger burden later (like when my sister was surprised she had a hard time selling her 2WD Wrangler, yeah, jeep did that a few years to save a little $$ and she thought she got a great deal on a used one til she tried to sell it.)

I wouldn’t buy a grenadier without the front and rear lockers, safari windows, and leather seats. It doesn’t matter how much below MSRP, it no longer fits my purpose.

My OCD wouldn’t let me get it without the seat heaters (the dash looks like it’s missing 2 buttons if you don’t get the seat heaters) or heavy duty electrical package (overhead console looks like it’s missing buttons).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Like others have suggested, wait for your build or maybe find one very similar but your still going to pay MSRP.

Anything at a discount now will be a bigger burden later (like when my sister was surprised she had a hard time selling her 2WD Wrangler, yeah, jeep did that a few years to save a little $$ and she thought she got a great deal on a used one til she tried to sell it.)

I wouldn’t buy a grenadier without the front and rear lockers, safari windows, and leather seats. It doesn’t matter how much below MSRP, it no longer fits my purpose.

My OCD wouldn’t let me get it without the seat heaters (the dash looks like it’s missing 2 buttons if you don’t get the seat heaters) or heavy duty electrical package (overhead console looks like it’s missing buttons).
A large part of the vehicle is configuring exactly what you want and waiting for it.
Sadly you guys in the US don't get a lot of choice to really customise it.
Ineos said very early on that there were 3 things that had to be specified at time of order as they could not be added later.
  • Lockers
  • Safari Windows
  • High load Wiring

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Im looking forward to my specific build. I’m not going to drop 6 figures on a new vehicle and not have it be precisely to my specification. No compromise!

I do wish Ineos had forced more skin in the game to place an order. Something like a $500 non refundable deposit would have weeded out the majority of flakers. Its frustrating seeing dozens of lightly optioned base Grenadiers available at the dealers without an owner… meanwhile ive still got a 5-6 month wait for my rig to be delivered.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Dealer inventories are growing due to customer declining delivery of their preorders.
Incentives are in order to move these units.

Incentives are in order... Which dealership is that and can you list some of the incentives? Thanks much!

Local time
Reaction score
PA dealer only selling at MSRP. There was a problem with my order when it arrived, but I was lucky enough to get a cancelled order close to mine. Most unclaimed on lot were basic, or the Fieldmaster or Trialmaster with no options. I agree that I would not compromise to get one that was not what I wanted (Trialmaster, safari windows, tow hitch, leather seats, etc). One month in, Enjoying mine and plan to keep it for a long time!

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Guardian, your example of a lower priced sale offer is probably from some schlepp that brought one home and his unknowing wife was so unhappy she gave him enough shit so he had to sell it at a loss. It is not a definition of the current market.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Just called by my local dealer here in UK. Lots of vehicles on the lot right now. Didn’t ask as to sales. Weather here is cold and wet, interest rates high, government failing. Need some sunshine for the feel good times to return.

Thunderbird

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just called by my local dealer here in UK. Lots of vehicles on the lot right now. Didn’t ask as to sales. Weather here is cold and wet, interest rates high, government failing. Need some sunshine for the feel good times to return.
Ha. I have zero interaction with anyone from your country nor do your headlines grace my screen often. I’m sure you are joking but perhaps we could get the Mayflower powered back up for you guys??

I’m sure the % rates are hurting these sales with such a high msrp. Many of these orders were placed when auto rates were very cheap and used trade ins were bringing an unprecedented premium. I believe some or all US dealers are now offering $3500 off accessories with purchase now.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Ha. I have zero interaction with anyone from your country nor do your headlines grace my screen often. I’m sure you are joking but perhaps we could get the Mayflower powered back up for you guys??

I’m sure the % rates are hurting these sales with such a high msrp. Many of these orders were placed when auto rates were very cheap and used trade ins were bringing an unprecedented premium. I believe some or all US dealers are now offering $3500 off accessories with purchase now.
In UK there is an interest free offer on existing stock with 50% cash down. Didn’t buy this vehicle with the intention of trading in after three or four years, so all a bit academic to me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom