The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

All the doubters have been quelled..

Frosty

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
The radio silence now makes sense. Our new CEO filled me with confidence in that short we all saw. Walking into a new job with this level of scrutiny - you have 2 choices, come out guns blazing telling everyone it will all be fine, or shut down and take stock of what you're now presiding over. Then understand the business, people and challenges. Make your mark and be confident in what you're selling - and then, at that point come out and give all of us exactly what we wanted. A committed team and company that will deliver the product that we have all wanted for so long. I'm telling you people, the early adopters are owning collectors items straight off the production line. Can't wait to see where this company goes. Jim Radcliffe is not stupid and he inserted Lynn Calder, which is exactly what this organisation needed.

Last edited:

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
DeLoreans are collectors items 😉

I can’t figure out if original post is serious or tongue in cheek? 🙂

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
With regard to the name of the original post…..I doubt it at this point in time.

That won’t change until the press reviews are revealed and hopefully give a glowing report and customers start to get their vehicles in large numbers.

Some won’t be happy for another 12 months after that when the delivered vehicles have been put through their paces.

Some will never be happy… they just won’t like the vehicle full stop.

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t figure out if original post is serious or tongue in cheek? 🙂
I'm not sure but I'm taking it as serious.

I'm looking forward to it, and considering Land Rover have just closed their books for the new range rover I think Ineos are doing pretty damn well!

Yes there have been delays it's not their fault.
1. The global microchips is a ploy of the factories who produce them! When everything shut down over covid they continued but at a lower rate. Now everything has opened they are very slowly increasing that rate, this avoids a glut in the market causing microchips to be worthless! Very annoying but very clever
2. I had a call from Ineos saying that my carpet mats have been delivered to the factory but there is a serious quality issue with them so do I want nothing or rubber mats. So they are very much at mercy of third parties!?
3. They are producing a new vehicle into a market which their competition have had over 100 years of experience.
4. The world has just come out of lockdown, so their production and development teams couldn't maintain the 'pre-covid' work flow
5. They want to make a great first impression (well obviously!) So they need to make sure everything is correct.
6. You heard Lynn, the first vehicles coming off are subjected to 'over checks'. And those first vehicles are going to their VIP clients - the rich, the famous, the influencers - and if they are bang on then they've got nothing to complain about so their audience will then want to go out and buy a Gren!

I dunno, that's my thoughts on the matter. Let's cut them some slack!

Big C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
i ordered a new Gen 5 Range Rover over a year ago, still don't have it and getting any sort of update out of JLR is like asking Zahawi for clarification around his tax affairs.. (allegedly)
makes Ineos bringing a brand new product to market in the current climate pretty impressive..

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Taking your points @caalm a) the Range Rover books were never really open for "joe public", they weren't talking orders till 2023 and when it came around they were all allocated to "special suppliers".

1. The global microchip problem was of the car manufactures making. They all have a "just in time policy" when they shut down for covid they told the chip manufactures were to go! So they did and made all their chips available for smart phones, gaming toys and even EV manufactures. Now car makers have started back up again "oh look no stock pile of chips, do you want a new smart phone instead Sir"
2. I'm hoping that is solved, before mine is in production.
3 - 6 fully agree

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I'm taking it as serious.

I'm looking forward to it, and considering Land Rover have just closed their books for the new range rover I think Ineos are doing pretty damn well!

Yes there have been delays it's not their fault.
1. The global microchips is a ploy of the factories who produce them! When everything shut down over covid they continued but at a lower rate. Now everything has opened they are very slowly increasing that rate, this avoids a glut in the market causing microchips to be worthless! Very annoying but very clever
2. I had a call from Ineos saying that my carpet mats have been delivered to the factory but there is a serious quality issue with them so do I want nothing or rubber mats. So they are very much at mercy of third parties!?
3. They are producing a new vehicle into a market which their competition have had over 100 years of experience.
4. The world has just come out of lockdown, so their production and development teams couldn't maintain the 'pre-covid' work flow
5. They want to make a great first impression (well obviously!) So they need to make sure everything is correct.
6. You heard Lynn, the first vehicles coming off are subjected to 'over checks'. And those first vehicles are going to their VIP clients - the rich, the famous, the influencers - and if they are bang on then they've got nothing to complain about so their audience will then want to go out and buy a Gren!

I dunno, that's my thoughts on the matter. Let's cut them some slack!
My words. I agree with you on the whole. I would only qualify the statement regarding VIPs. By the way, I turned Land Rover down for the new Range Rover. I waited half a year for a test drive and still haven't got it. I have said goodbye to this vehicle. (y)

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Taking your points @caalm a) the Range Rover books were never really open for "joe public", they weren't talking orders till 2023 and when it came around they were all allocated to "special suppliers".

1. The global microchip problem was of the car manufactures making. They all have a "just in time policy" when they shut down for covid they told the chip manufactures were to go! So they did and made all their chips available for smart phones, gaming toys and even EV manufactures. Now car makers have started back up again "oh look no stock pile of chips, do you want a new smart phone instead Sir"
2. I'm hoping that is solved, before mine is in production.
3 - 6 fully agree
Yes that's true, which makes it worse because the Gren is open to joe public 😄

1. They just knew where they'd make the most money 🙄 working from home everyone suddenly needed new tech and not new cars.
2. I haven't heard any more on this, the chap who phoned said they Ineos refused them...so hopefully they find a new supplier or their old one gets it right the first time. Don't buy the cheap mats online! They'll probably be the ones Ineos refused 🤣...also I just went with rubber, they're actually more practical that carpet.

Reactions: PBD

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
My words. I agree with you on the whole. I would only qualify the statement regarding VIPs. By the way, I turned Land Rover down for the new Range Rover. I waited half a year for a test drive and still haven't got it. I have said goodbye to this vehicle. (y)
Well I was told I was on the VIP list 😊 so it might be right 😁

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that's true, which makes it worse because the Gren is open to joe public 😄

1. They just knew where they'd make the most money 🙄 working from home everyone suddenly needed new tech and not new cars.
2. I haven't heard any more on this, the chap who phoned said they Ineos refused them...so hopefully they find a new supplier or their old one gets it right the first time. Don't buy the cheap mats online! They'll probably be the ones Ineos refused 🤣...also I just went with rubber, they're actually more practical that carpet.
The Ineos agent told me don't worry, by the time yours goes into manufacture Ineos will have bought a carpet company! Ironic since car carpets and made from Ineos Chemicals by products.

Back
Top Bottom