The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

A banger Down Under

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
At one stage around that time, GM (Holden) Commodore production included a version fitted with a 3L "straight 6" sourced from Nissan... it had a lot of admirers!
Except when GMH put it in the VL commodore they cocked the cooling system up, and it constantly blew up the heads - no such problems occurred in the Nissan Skylines that were running the same engine. But you are correct, that 3l was a beautiful engine - in the Nissan. The Nissan Skyline Silhouette was my second car I ever owned.

Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
The quest is over..its a Carina w 200’..should do another 100’, more then enough life left in it…or would you call it a “her” in OZ ?

Anyway, regardless of the vehicle, it always seems preferable to look in a good neighborhood for a used car. Big houses, long drives, elaborate gates usually mean well maintained cars..anywhere in the world.

Thanks again for ur help everyone !

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
At one stage around that time, GM (Holden) Commodore production included a version fitted with a 3L "straight 6" sourced from Nissan... it had a lot of admirers!
I only know the Commodore as an inline six here in Germany. There was to my knowledge no other type.

Back
Top Bottom