The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

5 wheel tyre rotations and a MUFF

Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
Now. the weather is getting colder will Ineos bring out a Muff a la Land Rover .

Also thinking about tire rotation any ideas ?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

will be swapping my km3s for my ko2s come April. When I stick my muds back on will be rotating with the spare so standard 4x4 5 tyre rotation. Will try and rotate at similar mileage say 10,000 or less and try and keep a record over the seasons.

Local time
Reaction score
Now. the weather is getting colder will Ineos bring out a Muff a la Land Rover .

Since Ineos provides a full-size spare tire of the same make & model, then its best to do a 5-tire rotation. A 5-tire rotation is good for two reasons: (1) you maximize tire life, and (2) if you get a flat, your spare tire will have similar wear as the other tires; you don't want to put a brand new tire onto a vehicle with three very worn tires (you can damage the drive train).

There are different patterns for doing a 5-tire rotation. This is the one recommended by Tire Rack and others; it is called the Rearward Cross:

Tire_Rotation_5.jpg

Last edited:

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
This is the pattern I follow every 5000 miles on my 200 series. I plan to do the same with the Grenadier. Only have to jack the truck up 2 times. First take off the spare, jack up the passenger side, change tires (RR to RF, spare to RR), set down, jack up the driver side, change tires (LR to LF, RF to LR, LF to spare), set down and done.
A standard floor jack with a Pro Eagle Extension added on works really well for lifted vehicle.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since Ineos provides a full-size spare tire of the same make & model, then its best to do a 5-tire rotation. A 5-tire rotation is good for two reasons: (1) you maximize tire life, and (2) if you get a flat, your spare tire will have similar wear as the other tires; you don't want to put a brand new tire onto a vehicle with three very worn tires (you can damage the drive train).

There are different patterns for doing a 5-tire rotation. This is the one recommended by Tire Rack and others; it is called the Rearward Cross:

View attachment 7839144
This tyre change sequence is also in my Land Rover manual.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
This tyre change sequence is also in my Land Rover manual.
Hi Rovie, I must be missing something on that tire rotation diagram. It appears an arrow is missing that would show the spare moving over to the right rear tire location.
If I am correct (and I am not saying I am), perhaps someone could modify the diagram and post it on the forum. DaBull

Local time
Reaction score
I do my tyre rotation a little different to the diagram and it may change depending on tyre wear and damage. I fit the fronts to the rear, the reason this can tidy up some odd tyre wear from castor issues in lifted live axle vehicles and correct some tread wear from slightly incorrect wheel alignment. Rotate a rear into a the spare position and the spare and a rear back to the front. This method works well if all the tyres are good and the same brand and non directional. If one tyre has had minor damage or repairs that is only used as a spare or rotated onto the rear. Minor damaged or repaired tyres get a mark inside the rim with a paint pen that can be removed with solvent. I run two spares on my LC so I use a six tyre rotation method depending on tyre damage and repairs.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance ;), but does the Grenadier automatically relearn the new TPMS locations?

Local time
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance ;), but does the Grenadier automatically relearn the new TPMS locations?
When I put the spare on it did but when.the repaired wheel was re-mounted it wouldn't reconnect until I went over 60MPH

Back
Top Bottom