The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

“Tourist Mode - Driving Abroad”

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
Page 74 of the manual grandly starts to describe Tourist Mode for headlamp conversion to drive abroad where vehicles are driven on the other side of the road.
I guess this affects drivers from the British Isles more than any others… everyone else has a long way to go to need this. Or maybe Euro visitors to Britain.
Turns out to be a sticky plaster (bandaid?) solution!
Sticky tape 55x35mm has to obscure the upper lens to convert the beam to a flat top with no up-kick to the near side. See pp. 75-76.
So far so good, but in fact it massively reduces the lighting range and total light output, making driving at speed against oncoming headlights quite difficult.
No mention of this can I find on the forum - I hope to research a smaller sticky tape addition which does the legal light spread reduction without so great a loss of lumens…. (feels more like candle-power at the moment).

Reactions: IGL

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
You need to be accurate with the tape or it does reduce the light output too much; the auxiliary lights fill in the middle of the pattern quite well on full beam!

Howsoever dimmed, the lights are still a massive improvement on a pre 2016 Defender with sealed beams!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
You need to be accurate with the tape or it does reduce the light output too much; the auxiliary lights fill in the middle of the pattern quite well on full beam!

Howsoever dimmed, the lights are still a massive improvement on a pre 2016 Defender with sealed beams!
True, but that dark hole between main & dipped beam annoyingly catches my eye (when I cannot use the aux lights on the road).

Back
Top Bottom