The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wireless Android Auto Disconnecting Every Hour or So

oldblueeyes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
I picked up my Grenadier about 3 weeks ago. It is a MY2024 and I'm in NA. For some odd reason, the MY2024 doesn't have standard WIRED Android Auto and only has wireless. I have a few Android devices ranging from Samsung to Pixels and none are older than a generation back. My Pixel 8 Pro is my daily driver and I'm used to the normal process of connecting via Wired initially which then automatically pairs it wirelessly which had worked flawlessly with my Defender.

Well for the Grenadier you need to connect via Bluetooth initially and then it magically pairs your device as an Android Auto. This part was simple and Android Auto popped up just about instantly. The first week I drove it it dropped a few times. No worries maybe just needed to be reset. I reset the Infotainment center, repaired and it worked fine for another week and then started disconnecting again. It would self resolve after restarting the Grenadier.

I went on a weekend trip to Tennessee and all was well for the drive up but on the return trip it disconnected and stayed disconnected until I reset infotainment again. I tried a multitude of phones and it happened with all of them. Is anyone else running into these issues like I am or does it sound like I need some sort of software update or worse a replacement infotainment?

I'm just befuddled with the reasoning to NOT include just standard wired Android Auto since it is a much more reliable solution. End rant. If anyone can help please let me know.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one replied to your post. My vehicle is a little over a week old, today it started dropping AA. I would have to hit the AA connection in settings and it would immediately start AA again. Then 5 minutes later it would drop again. No idea why it was doing this. Hope it is a temporary gremlin. Did your problem improve?

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
This may not be your specific issue but don’t overlook the phone’s notification settings. I had a rental and after pairing my phone it would drop the wireless connection every time the phone received a text or email. I noticed later that those were the only two notifications I had set to audible alerts and the alerts coincided with the disconnections when I was playing music from my phone. Ironically the car audio system never “beeped” when receiving the messages or emails, it just disconnected. I ended up just plugging my phone into the vehicle usb port and didn’t have any more issues on that trip. Of course this won’t solve the primary problem but maybe give insight into a solution if it is a cause.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Good suggestion. I will go in and turn off notifications and see what happens.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine does this sometimes if I stop and turn the truck off for a short period of time, like to fuel up.
If I have been driving, but stop and shut the truck off for a few minutes, then get back in and drive, it will sometimes disconnect bluetooth on a repeating cycle of about 5 minutes or so. Restarting the phone and/or the truck seems to solve it.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Today I drove a round trip of 2 hours. AA was fine, no disconnects. It makes no sense to me. Just glad it worked. I did have a software update on my phone last night, I have no idea if that had anything to do with it or is just coincidence.

oldblueeyes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I too thought turning off Android Auto notifications would completely fix this bug. For about two weeks it worked great until today. We drive about 240 miles and the last 80 it started doing the wonky disconnect every five minutes and the only thing to fix is hold in the mute button to reset the head unit. Really bummed me out. Anyone else have a permanent solution?

Back
Top Bottom