The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
Been driving my IG now for few days. Today I ordered some accessories...
1. Roof Rack from Leitner - I asked them to provide me with install estimate
2. Checker Plates from Dealer - they will install and charge me $300
3. Running Boards from Urban - I will install

I am bypassing the Picnic Table for now.

Will share pics once I have these installed...
I think the Leitner rack is currently the best option on the market. Well done.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Today was supposed to be the day of the Melton and Rutland Classic CiCle Race, but the weather put paid to that. We had 26mm of rain today and floods across many main roads. The 180 cyclists were supposed to start at 11:00, but a delay was announced until 12:30. but the race was cancelled around 12:00. The primary problem was the leg to the finish was under a foot of water, (Saxby Road) and there was no way to string enough segments of the race together.

My Grenadier was primed ready to go, last year's race was almost the first trip I made with my newly delivered vehicle, but in the end all I did was drove to the assembly area, mill around while decisions were made, spend 20 minutes speaking to a Grenadier owner from Bridgewater, who had brought a competitor, and then drive home.

The rest of the day was taken up with hospital visiting, (my mother in law is in Leicester Royal Infirmary), and chores around the houses.

My commute tomorrow might be a little interesting; Sawgate Road was flooded to more than 2ft and the alternative route is closed for large scale drainage works. Still, the Grenadier takes the stress out of modest floods and bad roads.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing too difficult.
1-installed the GP cubby table
2-put grip tape on the ladder
3-tossed a few decals on

Attachments

• IMG_9472.jpeg
    IMG_9472.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9473.jpeg
    IMG_9473.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9475.jpeg
    IMG_9475.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9476.jpeg
    IMG_9476.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9478.jpeg
    IMG_9478.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
My days of faffing about on my driveway with spring compressors are over so I paid the man (TJM 4x4) to install a set of the heavy duty Airbag Man airbags .
View attachment 7852398
I was thinking about getting Air Bag man for the QM. I'm trying to figure out if you hook up to a compressor or there is a separate compressor you buy from him to inflate.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing too difficult.
1-installed the GP cubby table
2-put grip tape on the ladder
3-tossed a few decals on
Hi Krabby, The GP cubby table looks great! Like the grip tape too. You are rocking the Ron John Surf Shop. Surf's Up with the Mermaid! Cowabunga!
DaBull

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting Air Bag man for the QM. I'm trying to figure out if you hook up to a compressor or there is a separate compressor you buy from him to inflate.
You only need a small hand held gun type unit.
1000017432.jpg

LeonD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First Camping trip of the season at Assateague Island National Seashore. This was our initial outing with the Grenadier towing the teardrop trailer, providing plenty of opportunities to evaluate its performance. Towing the teardrop with the Grenadier was a delight, offering a smooth ride. The vehicle boasted excellent fuel efficiency, brisk acceleration, strong braking, and impressive off-road capabilities in sandy conditions. We encountered no problems during our journey. A few points to mention: 1) We bought the Bison Gear molle panel with a jerry can holder for carrying water on remote trips. The panel functioned effectively without causing any vibrations. One minor issue was that the water jerry can partially obstructed the mirror view, necessitating extra caution when switching lanes, 2) We invested in Tougher seat covers for the back seats to accommodate our dog. These covers proved to be a wise choice, especially useful in keeping sand and mud at bay, and come highly recommended, and, 3) With the teardrop attached, accessing the rear doors was not possible. This wasn't a major inconvenience on a short trip, but for longer trips, it might be beneficial to consider a longer trailer hitch ball mount, a hitch extender or maybe a Gen Y Glider. Thanks and talk soon.

_DSC1347.jpeg_DSC1336 (2).jpeg_DSC1210.jpeg_DSC1342 (1).jpeg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
I saw a Quartermaster in the flesh at Purnell Adventure, while I had a few items fixed, the main one being a rattle that has bugged me for weeks. The tub is bigger than I thought and built tough. The techs were doing some pre-delivery work.

I think the upcoming cab chassis (ie no tub) will be hit in Australia, esp since it looks like long range fuel tanks can be fitted on the extended chassis.

Back to the rattle, no rattle so far but it comes and goes, so it will be a week or two before I know for sure. It maybe the heat shields which had some movement before being adjusted. Apparently it has come up a few times before.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
First Camping trip of the season at Assateague Island National Seashore. This was our initial outing with the Grenadier towing the teardrop trailer, providing plenty of opportunities to evaluate its performance. Towing the teardrop with the Grenadier was a delight, offering a smooth ride. The vehicle boasted excellent fuel efficiency, brisk acceleration, strong braking, and impressive off-road capabilities in sandy conditions. We encountered no problems during our journey. A few points to mention: 1) We bought the Bison Gear molle panel with a jerry can holder for carrying water on remote trips. The panel functioned effectively without causing any vibrations. One minor issue was that the water jerry can partially obstructed the mirror view, necessitating extra caution when switching lanes, 2) We invested in Tougher seat covers for the back seats to accommodate our dog. These covers proved to be a wise choice, especially useful in keeping sand and mud at bay, and come highly recommended, and, 3) With the teardrop attached, accessing the rear doors was not possible. This wasn't a major inconvenience on a short trip, but for longer trips, it might be beneficial to consider a longer trailer hitch ball mount, a hitch extender or maybe a Gen Y Glider. Thanks and talk soon.

View attachment 7854902View attachment 7854903View attachment 7854904View attachment 7854905
Tell me about that Airedale!

Attachments

• IMG_8143.jpeg
    IMG_8143.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 28

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Krabby, The GP cubby table looks great! Like the grip tape too. You are rocking the Ron John Surf Shop. Surf's Up with the Mermaid! Cowabunga!
DaBull
I grew up (still live actually) about 15 mins from the original Ron Jons and have been shopping there since I was a kid. It used to be a tiny little surf shop on Long Beach Island. It’s a bit bigger of a company now 🤣

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I grew up (still live actually) about 15 mins from the original Ron Jons and have been shopping there since I was a kid. It used to be a tiny little surf shop on Long Beach Island. It’s a bit bigger of a company now 🤣
@Krabby do you on LBI?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I saw a Quartermaster in the flesh at Purnell Adventure, while I had a few items fixed, the main one being a rattle that has bugged me for weeks. The tub is bigger than I thought and built tough. The techs were doing some pre-delivery work.

I think the upcoming cab chassis (ie no tub) will be hit in Australia, esp since it looks like long range fuel tanks can be fitted on the extended chassis.

Back to the rattle, no rattle so far but it comes and goes, so it will be a week or two before I know for sure. It maybe the heat shields which had some movement before being adjusted. Apparently it has come up a few times before.
Any pictures of the QM?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Krabby do you on LBI?
I live on the mainland in Barnegat. It’s pretty cool that from the top row seats of the stadium on the HS campus I teach at, you can see Old Barney (the lighthouse on LBI).

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I live on the mainland in Barnegat. It’s pretty cool that from the top row seats of the stadium on the HS campus I teach at, you can see Old Barney (the lighthouse on LBI).
My best friend is from LBI but lives in Concord Mass. Some good times were had on LBI in my 20's.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My best friend is from LBI but lives in Concord Mass. Some good times were had on LBI in my 20's.
Age? We could have gone to HS together. You can DM to continue the conversation if you’d like. I’m sure no one cares 🤣

Back
Top Bottom