The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USB on centre console

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Can someone take a better picture and measure up this spot in front of the shifter
IMG_4069.jpeg
Ideally I would like to put something like this here

IMG_4070.jpeg

Obviously would need to see if there is space behind, and I would replace whatever the one on the left is with my UHF plug

IMG_4071.jpeg

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
putting one in either side foot well/transmition tunnel

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like a promising location!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
sorry to hijack your photo, these are the places i am looking at View attachment 7813099
I’m interested in what you are doing here that seems like a suitable place for some extra USB sockets. Please keep us all informed about how you get on and where you pick the live feed up from.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
sorry to hijack your photo, these are the places i am looking at View attachment 7813099

Would those locations not leave the cable that is plugged in vulnerable?

Have you got something that puts the lead upwards or something similar ?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would those locations not leave the cable that is plugged in vulnerable?

Have you got something that puts the lead upwards or something similar61EQ7JrQ2PL._SL1500_.jpeg i have something like this in mind

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect that will get in the way of my knee, I am quite tall and in most vehicles the side of my knee ends up resting against those areas

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is looking promising, my son is an industrial design student and has Solidworks CAD capability and 3D printers, I have ordered the part and when mine is here I will get him to measure the OEM trim piece you have pictured there and have him make a new panel that clips in but has face that the sockets will sit in. If I am feeling fancy and he is in the mood to be cooperative might even see if I can match the dial panels above and put hex screws in the corners 🤣 Will bring power over from one of the footwell “outlets” that @rovie found.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
@AnD3rew if your son could share the STL file that would be great. Also, in LR Defender, they have flipcovers that cover the USB socket when not in use top keep it clean.

Attachments

• chrome_screenshot_1684794735661.png
    chrome_screenshot_1684794735661.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 12

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@AnD3rew if your son could share the STL file that would be great. Also, in LR Defender, they have flipcovers that cover the USB socket when not in use top keep it clean.

Tempted to buy that whole LR assembly and put that in the footwell. Or maybe that cross contamination of electrical systems would be potentially disastrous? 🤔

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tempted to buy that whole LR assembly and put that in the footwell. Or maybe that cross contamination of electrical systems would be potentially disastrous? 🤔
Harold Ramis Dont Cross The Streams GIF by Ghostbusters

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The one I have ordered has covers as well, but not as substantial as those. Yes if we do design one will share a file, but could be a while as I am in Australia and my car won’t be here ti late July at earliest so would think it will be at least September before I have anything

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My drill and I were looking at the vacant real estate either side of the audio dial, in our case for a UHF port.
No idea if there is clearance behind however...

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The one I have ordered has covers as well, but not as substantial as those. Yes if we do design one will share a file, but could be a while as I am in Australia and my car won’t be here ti late July at earliest so would think it will be at least September before I have anything
No worries, I'm in US and won't get it until December the latest. The covers I pulled off the web to share what I meant.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
Thankyou @AnD3rew.

Back
Top Bottom