The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland Servicing Pricing UK

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
I sent an enquiry to the Bosch service centre in Maidstone but they said they don't know how to service a Grenadier as they don't have any tech data for the vehicle! Can anyone recommend a service centre in Kent, UK please?

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Found out this week that Jardine Ineos Grenadier - Kent is closing its operations this month (May) and moving its entire Grenadier operations to Essex. Too far away for me. I asked INEOS Customer Services for my next nearest service centre and they said Endeavour Automotive Chiswick, London which is a good 1 hr 45 mins away. They were unable to locate a Bosch Centre for me! Not looking good and really disappointing.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Found out this week that Jardine Ineos Grenadier - Kent is closing its operations this month (May) and moving its entire Grenadier operations to Essex. Too far away for me. I asked INEOS Customer Services for my next nearest service centre and they said Endeavour Automotive Chiswick, London which is a good 1 hr 45 mins away. They were unable to locate a Bosch Centre for me! Not looking good and really disappointing.
If you have a copy of the service repair manual you could do most of your own?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
If, (as retail customers), we had a copy, I'm sure we would be a lot happier! But we don't, so we're not!

My second service is booked for 19/06/2024 at 0830 and should cost about £450.00. (Chandlers of Belton). The manual is not about depriving dealers of work, it's about meeting sales promises and me doing the stuff I want to do, (customising the vehicle), and giving the dealer the work I'd rather pay for, (anything needing a lift or environmental disposal or test gear that would cost me thousands).

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think this would be beyond my capabilities unfortunately. The good thing about having a qualified tech look over the car during a service is that they can identify issues that need to be fixed under warranty. For example, a small steering fluid leak came to light during my first service. The agent will now seek authorisation from INEOS to order the part and carry out the work.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Here's a Ineos Service document for the rest of the world outlining what is to be done at the first service. Might not be applicable to the UK but hope it sheds some light on the first service queries. Just had mine done at AUD 850.

Attachments

• row-diesel-schedule-15-000km-12-months-v1-1-2 copy (1).pdf
    233.6 KB · Views: 34

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here's a Ineos Service document for the rest of the world outlining what is to be done at the first service. Might not be applicable to the UK but hope it sheds some light on the first service queries. Just had mine done at AUD 850.
850 for a service is still right out there for the replaced items in that list!

Reactions: PBD

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I heard the same last week that Sevenoaks will be closing.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I heard the same last week that Sevenoaks will be closing.
Yes shuts the end of May and and any work will be undertaken at their Colchester site. Managed to have mine serviced there for a bargain price of £750 !! Word is the mechanic will relocate to Colchester too.

One thing they did do on mine when it was in was change the sequencing on the door opening logic circit, now on push opens the drivers door only, 2 pushes to open the lot.

A good idea, but probably would have been better recieved if they had told me rather than letting the grey cells work it out and nearly leave the wife behind:cool:.

Will be looking for a different agent in the future and looking at the prices, it seems I will be visiting a lot of my Northern friends !

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes shuts the end of May and and any work will be undertaken at their Colchester site. Managed to have mine serviced there for a bargain price of £750 !! Word is the mechanic will relocate to Colchester too.

One thing they did do on mine when it was in was change the sequencing on the door opening logic circit, now on push opens the drivers door only, 2 pushes to open the lot.

A good idea, but probably would have been better recieved if they had told me rather than letting the grey cells work it out and nearly leave the wife behind:cool:.

Will be looking for a different agent in the future and looking at the prices, it seems I will be visiting a lot of my Northern friends !
@beanohallett I tried contacting Endeavour Automotive in Chiswick via their website a couple of times but didn't receive a response from them. If you find another agent closer than Colchester please let me know!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

Come to the Leicestershire/Lincolnshire border!

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have just been quoted £700 for my first annual service at Sandicliffe Nottingham, has any one aelse noticed the fact that annoyingly the service reminder obscures the Odometer and Mileage left and it's not easy to get rid of!!!

Attachments

• tempImagez3IJPk.jpg
    tempImagez3IJPk.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • tempImage6BlEg9.jpg
    tempImage6BlEg9.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have just been quoted £700 for my first annual service at Sandicliffe Nottingham, has any one aelse noticed the fact that annoyingly the service reminder obscures the Odometer and Mileage left and it's not easy to get rid of!!!
I have been suffering that warning for the past 55 days even though my first anniversary of ownership has only come about this week. Service next week at Chester estimated at £550.00

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Imagine paying the EQUIV to $1400 AUD for 1st service... a few oil and filter changes... HOLY F*** I would go ape shit if they did that to me. The manual would be great so we could work out how to wire in some inverters, solar, digital heat reg for shower, power cross over for fridge/freezer etc - all the fancy things my wife wants. But alas...

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have just been quoted £700 for my first annual service at Sandicliffe Nottingham, has any one else noticed the fact that annoyingly the service reminder obscures the Odometer and Mileage left and it's not easy to get rid of!!!
They have quoted 750 to me. Interestingly I was quoted 450 from the dealer in Skipton Yorks - Denton Cars.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My local dealership is Colchester, they are also Ferrari and Porsche dealer's so £750 for a service will be like ordering a pair of wiper blades for some of there customers. 😭

Back
Top Bottom