The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Service Reset Procedure - Oil Change

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
I tried the one/off ignition trick a couple of times starting with a couple of the different options, TRIP being the 1st, and nothing. Turn the ignition on, make sure you are on TRIP, turn it off, hold it down, and then on and off 3 times - nothing special. Bosch has used many tricks over the years - including pumping the gas pedal, etc. There has to be a solution, and it is going to be simple - we just need INOES to tell us the answer. Going on over a week with no response from Sewell Plano, TX.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok so finally got an answer from INEOS and it’s rather pathetic. They claim that there is NO way to reset the Service Reminder without bringing it to a dealer and having them perform the reset. Absolutely ridiculous in the context of what this vehicle is supposed to be. Formal response from INEOS below.

There has to be a way - we just need to figure it out, without the help of INEOS.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.33.50 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.33.50 AM.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok - so I now have calls into Mossy in Houston and the dealer in Atlanta to see what they have to say. I did stumble across this video on YouTube and it appears that the Autophix OBD2 scanner works on the INOES, but ONLY the Outback 9000 version. Link pasted below to the video. The problem is that the 9000 is ONLY a scan tool and doesn’t have the reset capabilities. Now - Autophix does make scanners with reset capability so I am going to see if they have one that works.

The good news is this one works on the Grenadier for reading codes, live data, etc. The bad news - I don’t see a seller in the US so it may have to come from Australia. I would also note that Autophix is a Chinese company so not sure I am supper excited to plug just any unit into my Greandier and hope it works to reset the service interval.

View: https://youtu.be/Cf3aIv-u16U?si=qw4wCX1Ew0AFvArD

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
There are some secret shortcuts, when I was at the dealer the other day I had an airbag warning light, the technician did a press the brake pedal 3 times whilst doing something else to attempt to clear it.
I should have grilled him at the time. I have to go back in to get a new battery soon so I will see if I can find out more.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
I should have grilled him at the time. I have to go back in to get a new battery soon so I will see if I can find out more.
Just a light toasting each visit should add to the database here :sneaky:

IslandFalconer

Production/Transit
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
Ok so finally got an answer from INEOS and it’s rather pathetic. They claim that there is NO way to reset the Service Reminder without bringing it to a dealer and having them perform the reset. Absolutely ridiculous in the context of what this vehicle is supposed to be. Formal response from INEOS below.

There has to be a way - we just need to figure it out, without the help of INEOS.
Lillie gave me the exact same answer.
I called and spoke with her and she said so far they have “no procedure” I’m only 4000KM round trip. So yeah we need a solution. I emailed foxwell and Autel, no response yet. Once I have the truck here I’ll fool with it.

Maybe it’s like the Mini iDrive wheee you turn key on, engine not running. cycle trip until both mileage and trip distance are displayed, turn off. Than turn back on engine not running and hold trip. Just a thought.

bamanuke

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Ok - so I now have calls into Mossy in Houston and the dealer in Atlanta to see what they have to say. I did stumble across this video on YouTube and it appears that the Autophix OBD2 scanner works on the INOES, but ONLY the Outback 9000 version. Link pasted below to the video. The problem is that the 9000 is ONLY a scan tool and doesn’t have the reset capabilities. Now - Autophix does make scanners with reset capability so I am going to see if they have one that works.

The good news is this one works on the Grenadier for reading codes, live data, etc. The bad news - I don’t see a seller in the US so it may have to come from Australia. I would also note that Autophix is a Chinese company so not sure I am supper excited to plug just any unit into my Greandier and hope it works to reset the service interval.

I asked the tech in Atlanta a month or so ago. He knew nothing about resetting the service reminder. That was before I topped 12k miles.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score

No point being concerned about Autophix being a Chinese company: a substantial portion of the Grenadier software suite was contracted to Chinese developers.... Many auto manufacturers utilise Chinese software development capability🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Lillie gave me the exact same answer.
I called and spoke with her and she said so far they have “no procedure” I’m only 4000KM round trip. So yeah we need a solution. I emailed foxwell and Autel, no response yet. Once I have the truck here I’ll fool with it.

Maybe it’s like the Mini iDrive wheee you turn key on, engine not running. cycle trip until both mileage and trip distance are displayed, turn off. Than turn back on engine not running and hold trip. Just a thought.
Do not rely on what "Lillie" says. She gave me different answers each time I inquired about my Belstaff jacket over the course of 4 months, which obviously hasn't been resolved.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok - I found something in the Resources section of the Forum related to how to perform a software update. As part of the update instructions there are instructions related to accessing the “Hidden Menu Access” from the touchscreen. I have pasted the link below and also attached a screen shot. The instructions look pretty simple, hold a blank section of the screen for 8 seconds and then put in a PIN#. The PIN# is provided in the instructions and screen shot and appears to be a static number regardless of the vehicle, etc. - 46367308 There is a screen shot in the instructions that I have also pasted below. Nothing showing maintenance, but there is a button for “Hidden Function” and that would be a logical place to put the Service reset?? My Grenadier is currently at XPEL getting the full front PPF so I can’t try this tonight, but I will try it as soon as I can.

If anyone can try this and report back to the group that would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    815.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0069.jpeg
    IMG_0069.jpeg
    800.3 KB · Views: 31

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok - I found something in the Resources section of the Forum related to how to perform a software update. As part of the update instructions there are instructions related to accessing the “Hidden Menu Access” from the touchscreen. I have pasted the link below and also attached a screen shot. The instructions look pretty simple, hold a blank section of the screen for 8 seconds and then put in a PIN#. The PIN# is provided in the instructions and screen shot and appears to be a static number regardless of the vehicle, etc. - 46367308 There is a screen shot in the instructions that I have also pasted below. Nothing showing maintenance, but there is a button for “Hidden Function” and that would be a logical place to put the Service reset?? My Grenadier is currently at XPEL getting the full front PPF so I can’t try this tonight, but I will try it as soon as I can.

If anyone can try this and report back to the group that would be great!

Ok so the Hidden Menu already has a thread and link below. It appears this is another password needed to access the Hidden Functions. My guess is that it is likely another static number or maybe something like the last or first digits of the VIN - who knows, but getting closer.

Thread 'Secret menu'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/secret-menu.12413371/

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I got my oil changed at 3000 miles, no service reset was performed. Did anyone else not get a service reset after oil change?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
When I got my oil changed at 3000 miles, no service reset was performed. Did anyone else not get a service reset after oil change?
I had already requested an unscheduled oil change after approx. 5k kilometres. This was not reset, which I can understand. Now I had the annual service at approx. 12k. It was reset as expected

Back
Top Bottom