The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Previously Recalled Tow Package Installed - Failed 7-Pin test

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
My Grenadier was one of the vehicles affected by the tow hitch install, I took delivery without the tow package few months ago. A few days ago I had the tow package installed at the closest dealer and assumed everything is good. Well, it looks like it is not. I tested the 7-pin connecter with a tester and the turn signals are not working correctly. It looks like I am seeing the same symptoms that triggered the recall in the first place.

The video below shows one of the turn signals active yet it triggers 4 other lights. Can someone confirm that the 7-pin is not wired correctly? Very frustrating since I spent 10 hrs traveling and booked a hotel for 3 days for this (and a few other things). Also, I had an oil change done and the service interval was not reset - does anyone know how to reset it?

Attachments

• 7Pin_Test.mov
    4.4 MB

Robert T

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
when I plug in my tester I get similar results but today I connected the trailer and everything seems to work correctly.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
when I plug in my tester I get similar results but today I connected the trailer and everything seems to work correctly.
Thanks for the reply Robert. I don't currently own a trailer, I will try to stop by at an RV dealer and see if they will let me connect to one of the campers.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
I don't have a tester, otherwise I would check my port delivered trailer plug.

Back
Top Bottom