The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Portals and 37s

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
I think better an original vehicle than a souped up offroad monster. These are my thoughts, because such a conversion does not increase the application possibilities for the normal user. It is merely a matter of posing.
Fair enough. Also if others like "monsters".
Got the point?? I guess no... Otherwise you wouldn't define what's the "normal user". The old German thing...

Live and let live. And I mean LIVE, not vegetate.
In a society that's so much forced-into-line to me everything and everybody that doesn't follow mainstream is something positive.

Last edited:

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Fair enough. Also if others like "monsters".
Got the point?? I guess no... Otherwise you wouldn't define what's the "normal user". The old German thing...

Live and let live. And I mean LIVE, not vegetate.
In a society that's so much forced-into-line to me everything and everybody that doesn't follow mainstream is something positive.
Yes, but all future Grenadier drivers will live under the same sun.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
One nice thing about portals is generally you don't have to worry about rehearing the diffs as there is a reduction built into the portal. If they end up being in the 20k range it may not actually be that bad of a deal. Figure to fit 35s on a stock Grenny you would be looking at probably 6k for a quality suspension lift and another 3k to re gear assuming you can even find gears. This you don't have to worry about the suspension or gearing so you are roughly twice the cost.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Suspension Kits and Body-Lift - a short story:
A good friend of mine once owned a Toyota Landcruiser J9, the short one. Original 1.75m high. He worked with suspension kit, with spacers, with body lift and bigger tires - at least his short Landcruiser became 25 cm higher - 2 meters!
He was very happy about it - but afterwards he got a new problem - now he always was afraid, that his Toyota could fall over, when he had to drive slant...
My own Toyota (with spare wheel and a tent on the roof) is only 1.70m wide (without mirrors) and now almost 2.50m high - okay, sometimes i´m afraid, too....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
Suspension Kits and Body-Lift - a short story:
A good friend of mine once owned a Toyota Landcruiser J9, the short one. Original 1.75m high. He worked with suspension kit, with spacers, with body lift and bigger tires - at least his short Landcruiser became 25 cm higher - 2 meters!
He was very happy about it - but afterwards he got a new problem - now he always was afraid, that his Toyota could fall over, when he had to drive slant...
My own Toyota (with spare wheel and a tent on the roof) is only 1.70m wide (without mirrors) and now almost 2.50m high - okay, sometimes i´m afraid, too....
The Principle of Moments is a sobering lesson!

Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Thx for the link to emax's thread on LeTech.

I'll add another rig (G-Wagen) on portals and 38s, from a different supplier I have a relationship with...
THIS is going to be fun with the Grenadier!
Screenshot (596).jpg

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I think better an original vehicle than a souped up offroad monster. These are my thoughts, because such a conversion does not increase the application possibilities for the normal user. It is merely a matter of posing.
Want some haterade with those hater tots?

We get that you don't like it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
"because such a conversion does not increase the application possibilities for the normal user. It is merely a matter of posing."

What does normal mean? ;) <popcorn>
I don't think you are allowed to use the term "normal" anymore. :sneaky:
It isn't inclusive and accepting
Maybe you could say people who identify as a typical user

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Amazing! From emax’s (and a consensus) opinion this is a highly respected and admired shop. How much would this cost to do, once the development work has been validated? Asking for a friend, lol! Is this doubling the price of the vehicle? Maybe 30%?
On the Abenteuer Allrad show, a LeTech rep mumbled something around 40K Euros. That's nothings official, however.

Last edited:
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
On the Abenteuer Allrad show, a LeTech rep mumbled something around 40K Euros. That's nothings official, however.

Wow, that's more $$$ than any portal manufacturer in the world, including 74Weld and their billet portals (not for IG at this time)! LeTech is proud of them, no doubt from their notoreity on factory Mercedes G 4x4^2.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Uhm, I’ll just buy a whole Jeep…

Back
Top Bottom