The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Light Bar

AWo

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Interesting, I never had an issue with LED light bars on the bonnet,
I assume you mean reflections on the bonnet (from a light bar). The bigger problem is dirt on the windscreen. When you're travelling you'll have a dirty windscreen very often. Youe eyes will focus on all these light spots. The bright hood will narrow your pupil and that reduces your scotopic view. of course you can see infront and around the car, so while driving slowly or easy roads (maybe illuminated roads), that isn't an issue. But as faster you get, the more of an issue it becomes.

However, driving through a city with high mounted high beamswitched on also leads to traffic signs dazzling you...however...that is really not an issue....

The next issue with high mounted high beam lights is, that ditches are illuminated from above so there is no or only less shadow. On a track, where eerything is the same color this makes it difficult to see the ditch. If the light is more flat, you will have a dark shadow where the ditch is which you can recognize. So if you're going do drive washboard tracks you don't want to oversee a ditch as you wil drive between 60 and 90 km/h (with 2.7 tons minimum).

Of course, if all that doesn't apply to you, you don't have to think about that and the reduced performance might not mean anything to you.

Again, check rallye cars and where they mount their lights. These guys and ladies need the best performance with no disturbance to drive safe and fast. If someone can adopt that easily, why not? However, everbody has the choice...

Cheers
AWo

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
I

I have two rigid fog lights in my rear bumper and can't recommend rear lights enough. Like backing up in the day time. Wonderful for hitching up in the dark and parking. Just need to wire them to a switch so I can flash tailgaters.
I have a small lightbar hose clamped to my towbar and piggybacked into the stock reverse lights. Makes a huge difference.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
In one of the previous posts I showed the Deutsch Connectors I bought on internet. I thought all these connectors were compatible. Yesterday, to my dismay, I noticed that my connectors are slightly different from those of the Grenadier, very slightly.
Dismay, not because of the money (11 euro for 8 sets) but for the time I spend preparing some stuff.
The Deutsch connector types you should buy are:
  • DTP06-2S (male housing, female pins)
  • DTP04-2P (female housing with male pins)

Attachments

• 20230327_110719.jpg
    20230327_110719.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 35

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
In one of the previous posts I showed the Deutsch Connectors I bought on internet. I thought all these connectors were compatible. Yesterday, to my dismay, I noticed that my connectors are slightly different from those of the Grenadier, very slightly.
Dismay, not because of the money (11 euro for 8 sets) but for the time I spend preparing some stuff.
The Deutsch connector types you should buy are:
  • DTP06-2S (male housing, female pins)
  • DTP04-2P (female housing with male pins)
Thank you.
Useful post as i was about to buy some.

Back
Top Bottom