The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Inverter retrofit . New deliveries I need your help .

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
As long as the fuse, cables and ventilation (and fire extinguishers) are up to it , there is nothing to worry about. Except flattening your battery by mistake! And 240 volts in the rain ;)

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
OK update on the above .
All parts are with the dealer .
Unfortunately INEOS cancelled for a second time my order for the 2000w inverter . This time they said we will never offer it so stop trying to order it .
So i placed an order for the 400w inverter instead :( sad about it but i will install that one once its here .
I live with the hope that down the line a bigger inverter will be available .
Build thread hopefully coming soon .

Local time
Reaction score
i am 99% sure it is like this :
inverter gets power from the little fuse , fuse box . if it is a 2000w would likely need a 240amp fuse ( will be confrimed once i get it here) . there is already an empty slot that i believe was for the inverter anyway .
Wires go through the left rear seat gutter towards the jack storage point .
one plug gets connected onto the orphan plug you found in the back of the car ( that is the BCM control point i believe )
Then there is a plug for signaling and control that goes on the inverter along with the positive power input .
2 seprate sets of wired plug terminals leave the pigtail and energize 2 sockets ( one at the back of the car and one next to the usb plugs of the rear seats )
I cannot see what else could be there .

But i just need to see it on a vehicle to make sure .

If you can ask you dealer and he is able to provide some informtaion that would be great ! Lets see if anything of the above is wrong .
You got the bigger trim panel???

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
I admittedly know very little about inverters and auto electrics in general so this might seem daft - NAS spec trucks like mine have the 400W inverter, can one just swap out the unit for a larger inverter since the wiring is already there? Or would the wiring in place not be beefy enough?

archerwolf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
I would also like to know if you’ve got the price and part number for the larger left-side trunk trim panel that accommodates the inverter.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I admittedly know very little about inverters and auto electrics in general so this might seem daft - NAS spec trucks like mine have the 400W inverter, can one just swap out the unit for a larger inverter since the wiring is already there? Or would the wiring in place not be beefy enough?
The parts catalogue states that the 2 inverters are interchangeable and the wiring harness has the same part number . Now i am not sure if down the line they discovered that that is not the case .
The way they portrayed it is that to upgrade form 400w to 2000w inverter you just upgrade the inverter itself and the fuse .

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
You use different wiring.

Last edited:

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would also like to know if you’ve got the price and part number for the larger left-side trunk trim panel that accommodates the inverter.
price wise was i think somewhere around 250 GBP once i have an invoice i will say for sure . Part number i am sure i have it somewhere i will try and find it for you .

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You different wiring.
Inverter cropped .jpg

Back
Top Bottom