The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos recalls

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
I have created this thread where we can post all Ineos recalls. Probably not all vehicles are affected. This way we have a good overview of all Ineos replacement actions.

@Stu_Barnes , if you think this topic fits better somewhere else, feel free to move it.

Besides the software update, which is planned for the end of August, there will be a recall for the replacement of the gearbox. The affected Grenadier owners will be informed via the dealers.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I think it’s important enough for it’s own section entirely in the technical area. I’ll put something together later today.

Recalls and TSB’s (technical service bulletins, as the green oval call them)

@rovie do you have any documentation regarding the recall/s?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
I like the way you drop that in nonchalantly "replacement of the gearbox" 😂.

You're not talking about the transfer case are you?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it’s important enough for it’s own section entirely in the technical area. I’ll put something together later today.

Recalls and TSB’s (technical service bulletins, as the green oval call them)

@rovie do you have any documentation regarding the recall/s?
@Stu_Barnes, no I have only received this information verbally in advance.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like the way you drop that in nonchalantly "replacement of the gearbox" 😂.

You're not talking about the transfer case are you?
Some vehicles have already had transfer cases replaced before delivery. Initially, it was said that the transmissions of the delivered vehicles had been tested and were OK. Now, however, a replacement seems to be necessary. I assume that it is the transfer case. However, the statement was not specified. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some vehicles have already had transfer cases replaced before delivery. Initially, it was said that the transmissions of the delivered vehicles had been tested and were OK. Now, however, a replacement seems to be necessary. I assume that it is the transfer case. However, the statement was not specified. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.
I was told my transfer case needs replacing and indeed a replacement is currently sat at the Agent waiting for me, apparently it was tested as part of the PDI and passed ok but Ineos are not happy with the tolerances so have sent a replacement. I asked if it's urgent, they said not, so I decided to wait until it goes in for the SW (whenever that might be :ROFLMAO:

So far I've done over 3000 miles including some off roading in low range - all seems fine so far 🤞

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told my transfer case needs replacing and indeed a replacement is currently sat at the Agent waiting for me, apparently it was tested as part of the PDI and passed ok but Ineos are not happy with the tolerances so have sent a replacement. I asked if it's urgent, they said not, so I decided to wait until it goes in for the SW (whenever that might be :ROFLMAO:

So far I've done over 3000 miles including some off roading in low range - all seems fine so far 🤞
Yes, there is probably no urgency. The dealers should probably do it as part of the first service.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Must be transfer case, which we already knew about. I can’t imagine it is the ZF transmission, if it was that then I imagine it would be impacting thousands of vehicles from multiple brands.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Not forgetting there's been at least two or three already posted but "lost" in other threads:

Alarm System
Post in thread 'Insurance in the UK' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/insurance-in-the-uk.12410870/post-1333179772

One from @Jean Mercier ~ topic escapes me right now.

Missing storage box under rear seats.
I have so many problem that I don't remember either :eek: :ROFLMAO: , but non involving safety:
  • water leak at Safari Roofs (I am not the only one)
  • airco leak in low pressure pipe
  • door knobs get stuck (I am not the only one - although this one could be seen as a safety problem, my wife once didn't notice, I begun to drive and the door flew open :mad:)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
My dealer said they have spare transfer cases in stock to replace them when needed.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have so many problem that I don't remember either :eek: :ROFLMAO: , but non involving safety:
  • door knobs get stuck (I am not the only one - although this one could be seen as a safety problem, my wife once didn't notice, I begun to drive and the door flew open :mad:)
Jean, your door handles (the entire assembly piece) need replacement with NEW. The drilled holes for finger press and all are shoddy workmaship at best. I saw your photos, I would be PEEVED if they gave me handles in that condition!!! My toddler daughter can draw better round circles than that!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This was the one I had in mind:
Thread 'Update Prior to Sale: Coolant Hose Clip – Remove' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/update-prior-to-sale-coolant-hose-clip-–-remove.12411918/

Reactions: PBD

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There will be a recall regarding the door seals. So that water no longer collects in the door frame. It is not yet clear when this will take place, as no new seals are currently available from INEOS.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is also a recall on door handles. Some of the buttons get stuck when they are pressed in. This means that the locks no longer close. Rubber washers will probably be inserted so that the buttons can no longer be pressed in so deeply. I'm skeptical, because they sometimes get stuck even when pressed in lightly. Not all vehicles are being recalled either.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is also a recall on door handles. Some of the buttons get stuck when they are pressed in. This means that the locks no longer close. Rubber washers will probably be inserted so that the buttons can no longer be pressed in so deeply. I'm skeptical, because they sometimes get stuck even when pressed in lightly. Not all vehicles are being recalled either.
My right rear door button kept getting stuck in. I resolved the issue with silicone spray.

Back
Top Bottom