The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Fusilier

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
@Gaffer Using a "Ranger" could be difficult as this is occupied by Ford already. I think Ineos is expanding it offer on vehicles. Of course they must. However, what is really necessary on vehicles? So not what should be offered by the regulating bodies but what is a demand from the market?
A 2 seat quartermaster maybe ?
Perhaps.. something of Suzuki Jimny size ? ..
The fusilier is built to fulfil the regulatory demand, fleet consumption and some mamas who want a SUV in in a more OffRoad design. Reading a range of 250 - 300 km (150- 180 mls) is a no go

A Jimny sized proper offroader may be attractive for many here in Germany.. as the Jimny has quite some delivery time and quite hefty pricing.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Yep, where's the spare going to be located? INEOS have 2/3 years to do a better job on the software side of things than they did with the Grenadier. It has to be done right on a BEV
Many modern cars have no spare tyres.
My wife's Volvo has runflats yet we have taken it remotely on some rough gravel potholed roads, with no phone coverage.
Some people are less risk averse than others!

Reactions: Max

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Yep, where's the spare going to be located? INEOS have 2/3 years to do a better job on the software side of things than they did with the Grenadier. It has to be done right on a BEV
I agree if there isn’t a spare its a bit of a joke. But it’s possible it’s under the bonnet there might be room if it is a skateboard platform EV.

Reactions: Max

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Beormund and all. No, I do not think Fusilier will have a spare tyre. It is a BEV and already low operational range. Anything that is adding additional weight will be moved away. - There is a small compressor and tyre fit.. thats it. And just to give the children a lift to school or sports in a distinct style this is sufficient.

Reactions: IGL
Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
Jesus that thing is ugly. It looks like something a BRICS car company would make for 30k, to imitate a Gwagon. Maybe he dug up GM's Oldsmobile/Pontiac design team and put them to work for cheap. He's actually standing in front of that mess smiling. I bet that's a cardboard cutout and this is a joke. Is it April in GB?

Sir Jim is 71. If this is the second model line and not something original and cheaper to move more sheet metal, when he shits the bed sometime before 2030, we will be praying the Chinese want this division when Ineos cuts it off like the bottom line gangrene it is.

Jim may want to pilfer some car guy type executives, off of companies that, you know, make popular cars.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jesus that thing is ugly. It looks like something a BRICS car company would make for 30k, to imitate a Gwagon. Maybe he dug up GM's Oldsmobile/Pontiac design team and put them to work for cheap. He's actually standing in front of that mess smiling. I bet that's a cardboard cutout and this is a joke. Is it April in GB?

Sir Jim is 71. If this is the second model line and not something original and cheaper to move more sheet metal, when he shits the bed sometime before 2030, we will be praying the Chinese want this division when Ineos cuts it off like the bottom line gangrene it is.

Jim may want to pilfer some car guy type executives, off of companies that, you know, make popular cars.
@Zimm I am pretty sure Sir Jim does not really want this. His vision of an electric vehicle is a fuel cell powered vehicle. That Fusilier is to fulfil some requirements of regulatory bodies. Perhaps a next evolution will make this a real vehicle.. That is why its built in Graz and not in Hambach.

Local time
Reaction score
@Zimm I am pretty sure Sir Jim does not really want this. His vision of an electric vehicle is a fuel cell powered vehicle. That Fusilier is to fulfil some requirements of regulatory bodies. Perhaps a next evolution will make this a real vehicle.. That is why its built in Graz and not in Hambach.
I didn't mention the fuel/drive system. I don't care if its leprechauns on a treadmill huffing unicon farts. There's no law requiring you make something designed by drunk Russians.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Zimm drunk Russian laws are perhaps better than EU state law. .. The registration fee of a Grenadier in NL is approx 150.000 Euros.. in Austria also above 100k EUR to get a Grenadier on the road. The laws in Russia allow quite more freedom than in EU (some call it already EUSSR)
They use some of the money to subisidise EV. Fusilier was entirely developed by Magna who also developed G Wagon.. ..

Local time
Reaction score
@Zimm drunk Russian laws are perhaps better than EU state law. .. The registration fee of a Grenadier in NL is approx 150.000 Euros.. in Austria also above 100k EUR to get a Grenadier on the road. The laws in Russia allow quite more freedom than in EU (some call it already EUSSR)
They use some of the money to subisidise EV. Fusilier was entirely developed by Magna who also developed G Wagon.. ..
But does it have to look like Aunt Esther to make the regulators happy?

To quote the a-hole Elon Musk, it doesn’t cost any more to make an attractive car than an ugly one.

snowball

Contract Signed
Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
I think it would look much better if they didn't paint the grill and bumper. Would preserve more of the family resemblance.

That said I have zero interest in an EV, even a RE/EV. If this was a Grenadier "lite" (Ineos equivalent of the Prado) with a 4 banger that would be something at least. But this is a government mandated piece of crap that will just end up in the same flaming junk heep as all the other EV's that nobody wants or can afford.

If they're lucky this will cost the same as the Gren but appealing to an even smaller group of people who likely don't like the idea of their perches being a crude attempt at subsidizing emissions of a gas guzzling beast. Tesla, Rivian, and lucid all offer them a conscience as clear as the crystal's cleansing their auras. Ineos is trying to get the worst corporate average footprint down a little.

These people may not be able to smell BS, but they can probably tell a cynical move when it's this obvious. As you can probably tell I'm not on the EV bandwagon, and I think they'll be their own special kind of ecological disaster in the not to distant future, but I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think it would look much better if they didn't paint the grill and bumper. Would preserve more of the family resemblance.

That would help but I don't absolutely hate the thing despite some odd angles. I have to fess up and say the Mrs. finds it "cute".:rolleyes:

That said I have zero interest in an EV, even a RE/EV. If this was a Grenadier "lite" (Ineos equivalent of the Prado) with a 4 banger that would be something at least. But this is a government mandated piece of crap that will just end up in the same flaming junk heep as all the other EV's that nobody wants or can afford.
If they're lucky this will cost the same as the Gren but appealing to an even smaller group of people who likely don't like the idea of their perches being a crude attempt at subsiding emissions of a gas guzzling beast. Tesla, Rivian, and lucid all offer them a conscience as clear as the crystal's cleansing their auras. Ineos is trying to get the worst corporate average footprint down a little.

These people may not be able to smell BS, but they can probably tell a cynical move when it's this obvious. As you can probably tell I'm not on the EV bandwagon, and I think they'll be their own special kind of ecological disaster in the not to distant future, but I'll leave it at that.

Obviously there's little real joy for Sir Jim in bankrolling another vehicle. But the man can read the writing on the wall: Offset your carbon footprint or we'll do it for you. I don't think it's cynical at all. Just realistic.

Ineos has said pretty firmly they won't be making a short wheelbase version of the Grenadier so this is your Lite or Sport model. If it's offered in a stripped down utility version some may find it very practical. I'm sure you could carry a couple of sheep in it with the seats removed. Personally I'm not interested in electric vehicles as they are today, but somebody better buy freakin' Fusiliers or there could be no Grenadiers at all here in the States within a few short years.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

If they're lucky this will cost the same as the Gren but appealing to an even smaller group of people who likely don't like the idea of their perches being a crude attempt at subsidizing emissions of a gas guzzling beast. Tesla, Rivian, and lucid all offer them a conscience as clear as the crystal's cleansing their auras. Ineos is trying to get the worst corporate average footprint down a little.

Exactly. and @255/85 got it right too. This vehicle is a must have otherwise they may prevent Ineos from continuing to build Grenadiers.

The visual appearance of "common design" and as written painted bumpers.. I found already a bit satire.. hey guys we can do that too. it is the caricature of a SUV.
Tyre extinguishers may hunting for it..

As this electric stuff and EV ..
0.04% (= 400ppm) CO2 in the Air.., from what is 96.5% naturally, means 3.5 % Human, from what is from Germany 2.5% from what ist ground based vehicles (any Cars, HGV, .. ) 19.5%
A typical gymn in Germany. 3 fields is 45m long, 27m wide and 7m in height. (soccer, volleyball etc. )
Volume = 45*27*7 = 8505 m^3 = 300351.24 cubic feet. (8,505,000 litres volume)
CO2 total = 3.402 m^3
Human = 0.1107 m^3 = 110.7 litres.
Germany = 0.025 m^3 = 2.5 litres
Vehicle traffic = 0.475 litres = 0.13 USGal.
WTF?
55 Million years ago when our ancestors started to walk on 2 feet we had 1300ppm CO2. more than 3 times the amount of now.

As long as the guys forcing us to electric travelling to Davos using private jets, using super yachts, make wars, etc.. I go on classic fuels too. (Yachts and private jets are tax exempted in EU)
If these guys want us to go electric.. they should make the lighthouse example.. all of 'em . And make a living on Soylent Green, insects etc..

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Now if the c pillar back has a removable hardtop that would be fun. You could even pretend it’s a double cab pickup but those are always a bit fugly to my eye.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that quote from Musk is ironic. His cars are attractive like a beige institutional waiting room is attractive. Also, he's wrong. Obviously you must pay for good research & design. It's a big line item in the budget for some companies and they're not stupid to be spending millions on design.

So Musk is half right ... Once you've got an attractive car design, until you change it it's probably going to cost approximately the same to *manufacture* as an ugly one. But you paid for that good design up front. And a team of poorly trained designers with meh taste is going to cost a lot less than designers who have years of experience and a track record of popular (read: attractive) designs in the market.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that quote from Musk is ironic. His cars are attractive like a beige institutional waiting room is attractive. Also, he's wrong. Obviously you must pay for good research & design. It's a big line item in the budget for some companies and they're not stupid to be spending millions on design.

So Musk is half right ... Once you've got an attractive car design, until you change it it's probably going to cost approximately the same to *manufacture* as an ugly one. But you paid for that good design up front. And a team of poorly trained designers with meh taste is going to cost a lot less than designers who have years of experience and a track record of popular (read: attractive) designs in the market.
I guess the car designers of the 80's were the new hires. lol

Back
Top Bottom