The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier vs Simpson Desert

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
Yes, no issues with temperature (engine, gearbox or transfer) and as discussed elsewhere we were probably chimping those offroad screens more than we should have. It did want 1.5L of oil though which illustrates how hard the engine was working in these conditions… and perhaps speaks to the performance of 0W oils at high temps.
I've passed 6,400km and the oil gauge app. on the display says it requires 1L ....
Was wondering did you add the oil yourself ? what was used to top up? I'm heading towards the view that 5w-30 is probably a better choice for hot climates....

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've passed 6,400km and the oil gauge app. on the display says it requires 1L ....
Was wondering did you add the oil yourself ? what was used to top up? I'm heading towards the view that 5w-30 is probably a better choice for hot climates....
Take a look at page 179 of your Owners Manual, if you haven’t already.

Suffice to observe that 0W is thin on the ground in outback WA and the vehicle required more than I carried.
It’ll get an oil change next week at the Perth dealer.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Triffids were a great band , so sad about the lead singer/guitarist.
The album Treeless Plain
"- named after the Nullarbor Plain, which Robert McComb estimated they crossed eleven times travelling from Perth to the east coast of Australia. He said, "It took five days in my Combivan, and then three days once we got a van that could do better than 80 km (50 mi) an hour. We hit a couple of roos in that one. One of them almost totalled the car. At one point, Dave wanted to call the album $2,000 Kangaroo"

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Triffids were a great band , so sad about the lead singer/guitarist.
The album Treeless Plain
"- named after the Nullarbor Plain, which Robert McComb estimated they crossed eleven times travelling from Perth to the east coast of Australia. He said, "It took five days in my Combivan, and then three days once we got a van that could do better than 80 km (50 mi) an hour. We hit a couple of roos in that one. One of them almost totalled the car. At one point, Dave wanted to call the album $2,000 Kangaroo"
Yes, saw them live supporting The Church - at Claremont Town Hall I think. Waaaaay back. Classic stuff.

Back
Top Bottom