The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electronic Throttle Control

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
If only I had two Grenadiers then I could refer to they or them

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Official response - ETC, what ETC.
May I ask if totally removed? Or just the control unit so Big Brother doesn't know?
I'm liking mine, I actually prefer it on economy mode, I guess it's closer to my old Prado in response to foot pressure.
Mine will be going for a service in July before Cape trip.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpeg
    IMG_0899.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Cheshire cat where did you fix the controller and the fob?
Controller was tucked into the outer kick panel in the footwell. The controller is in my centre armrest. My model is the Pro, so fob is separate (no wires). I did initially stick it on the overhead panel where it slots in very well but I preferred the hidden look and now control it via my phone.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Controller was tucked into the outer kick panel in the footwell. The controller is in my centre armrest. My model is the Pro, so fob is separate (no wires). I did initially stick it on the overhead panel where it slots in very well but I preferred the hidden look and now control it via my phone.

tks a lot. mine also wireless so will do as you have done and squirrel away the fob.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
May I ask if totally removed? Or just the control unit so Big Brother doesn't know?
I'm liking mine, I actually prefer it on economy mode, I guess it's closer to my old Prado in response to foot pressure.
Mine will be going for a service in July before Cape trip.
I doubt if they would even see it. Mine due in for service end of this month. Haven’t fully decided if I should remove it or not. The paranoid side of me says take it out. Only 15 mins to do so. The pragmatic side says ‘just leave it’.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
tks a lot. mine also wireless so will do as you have done and squirrel away the fob.
I think I’m right in saying that if you have your app on the phone, you don’t even need the fob in the vehicle.
There is also a handy setting where you can disable the throttle and help prevent theft of the vehicle.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I’m right in saying that if you have your app on the phone, you don’t even need the fob in the vehicle.
There is also a handy setting where you can disable the throttle and help prevent theft of the vehicle.
Did you perform this;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fitted Pedalbox Pro and went for a quick spin. Eco mode not for me as nothing seems to happen for half a pedal press. I could play around with the +/- keys on the fob but not had time. The City mode seems a lot more responsive than stock. Also seems good in Low mode. The last one Racing or Sport is nuts! Need a proper few runs to test it all out.

Not sure if my tinkering has upset it but it is now telling me it's due a service in 47 days. I collected it last September!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0900.jpeg
    IMG_0900.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0901.jpeg
    IMG_0901.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0902.jpeg
    IMG_0902.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg