The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas East Coast Off Road Grenadier Specific Training Interest?

Are you interested in attending a Grenadier-specific off road training class?

• No

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Yes, 1 day

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Yes, 2 day

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Yes, other (please post the specifics)

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
Hey all, for those that may not know, I do some training with a company called Overland Experts. OEX is one of the (if not the) largest off road training company in the US based on fleet size and number of instructors; and have three primary training locations (CT, NC, and UT). Many of you met some of those instructors during the US PTO2 tour, as such OEX's instructors have more time behind the wheel of Grenadiers than any other training company stateside as well.

There have been a number of people from the forum that have reached out to me regarding training classes through Overland Experts, and I'm looking forward to meeting several of you that are already signed up for upcoming training classes in NC throughout the coming months!

A few months ago someone mentioned doing a Grenadier specific training class, and as the 2024 Calendar starts filling up, figured I'd try to gauge interest in trying to set something like that up. Currently the normal group classes operate on either a 1 day (Fundamentals, Driving Workshop, Recovery Workshop, or Field Expedient Repair), 2 day (Fundamentals and Recovery Workshop), or 3 day (Fundamentals, Recovery workshop, and FER) layout.

I'd love to start a discussion about what people would want (if at all), and which location(s) would be desired. OEX has done similar "brand specific" trainings in the past with some wonderful feedback, so it seems logical to try to offer this to Grenadier owners as well.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NC is more in reach from FL :) I vote for NC. Long time ago I helped run a LR club in Raleigh and surrounding area and we did an annual event at Uwharrie it’s a great off road area.

We would also go out to the old logging roads near Boone I think that was fun too / backcountry camping.

My Grenadier gets handed over on Saturday 😁

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
we did an annual event at Uwharrie it’s a great off road area.
It is a fantastic area! The main OEX training property in NC is approximately 200 acres of purpose built trails on private land surrounded by the Uwharrie NF, with access to another property just a few miles away that is almost exclusively "challenging" terrain only (requiring skids, sliders, lift, etc. for use).

The outpouring response is awesome to see, so I'll try to gather some dates and specifics, and let this poll run for a few more days

Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
Hi anand
You will have to come to Australia some time to try our 4x4 parks.
In South Australia, a medium sized Australìan State we have multiple 4x4 parks the smallest one 800 acres where Ineos had its last test drive.
In the River land we have Loveday 4x4 park 8000 acres.
In the Flinder Ranges we have the spectacular sky track in Willow Springs station ( ranch ) 70,000 acres and multiple other stations with dedicated 4x4 tracks in the Flinders.
Other Australian States have similar but I am not familiar with them.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We were actually thinking about attending the upcoming one day course in February. Have done a few of the Land Rover Experience courses at the Biltmore in our Defender and while it was likely more tame we did learn a lot about how to use our LR and what it could do. Would love it if the Grenadier community could do the same!

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @anand for coordinating this - happy to help in any way, if needed! I'm all in as well for either a 1 or 2 day Grenadier specific course. My wife's uncle is also interested in attending- he's hopefully taking delivery of his Grenadier in April. It doesn't make any difference for me whether in CT or NC - maybe I'd attend both!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We were actually thinking about attending the upcoming one day course in February.
Hoping to see you at the February Fundamentals class, I believe there is at least one Grenadier owner signed up for it already as well!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here's a consideration for those looking for a 2 day NC option....

Usually, the OEX 2 day classes happen twice a year in North Carolina (Spring and Fall), currently the Spring class (often dubbed "Overland Weekend") is almost empty (if mental math is correct, there is only one vehicle signed up thus far). This means there are nearly a dozen spots available for a Grenadier take-over of sorts. Info on the class can be seen here, the dates are April 6 & 7.

If that suits people's schedules, I'd recommend you sign up sooner rather than later; if something later in the year that is 100% Grenadiers is desired, I'll look further into that instead.

Pittsaero

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Signed up for the one day class in February. Looks like we got the last two spots.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would be interested in NC class.
Check out my post a few up, trying to turn the April weekend into a Grenadier-centric event. If that doesn't work for you, definitely consider any of the single day classes that are available as well

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Damn, I waited too long and when I went to book the Feb class it was sold out…

Back
Top Bottom