The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score

Mr-Gus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
Does not really affect the rear view mirror because i’m not really looking at the top portion which would be pointed above cars behind me. Someone else reported the same and Bison constructed it specifically not to obstruct our view.
Really like the shelf and sorry to belabor the visibility issue, but I’m not sure how tall y’all are. I am 6’3” and it looks like it would really obscure visability. Extra storage would be great, but not at the expense of losing what little rear visibility we currently have.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
Really like the shelf and sorry to belabor the visibility issue, but I’m not sure how tall y’all are. I am 6’3” and it looks like it would really obscure visability. Extra storage would be great, but not at the expense of losing what little rear visibility we currently have.
Before I got the shelf I solved the visibility issue by installing a wolf box mirror…..

Attachments

• 9747E44A-8B50-4091-8293-485AF903B927.jpeg
    9747E44A-8B50-4091-8293-485AF903B927.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 97

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
I don't even bother looking out the rear window.
I have the cargo net barrier which blocks most of the light and often something in the back

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
I am 194 cm and have no issues with the view back. At least not from the shelf.
The „mirror line“ is just under the shelf so that I do not notice it at all!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just installed the Bison Gear rear shelf. Great quality and a perfect fit. Visibility (for me) only slightly less than before and these two Carbon Off road bags fit the space perfectly.
Are you pleased with the storage "pouch" you've installed over the wheel well on the right hand side?

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
Just installed the Bison Gear rear shelf. Great quality and a perfect fit. Visibility (for me) only slightly less than before and these two Carbon Off road bags fit the space perfectly.
Looks sweet, might grab one my self.

Who made the side internal molle in your rear space, looks good?

Cheers

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
As much as I like the Bison version, inclined to opt for the one from APB Trading. Main reason being, living in the UK I will pay Polish VAT (only reclaimable with a world of pain and paperwork), Postage, UK import duty, and UK VAT. The UK VAT is not 20% on the basic price of the article but also 20% on, postage, import tax, etc.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
Are you pleased with the storage "pouch" you've installed over the wheel well on the right hand side?
Yes, although it was NOT cheap! I purchased that from an eBay retailer a few months back. It makes good use of an area in the rear cargo bay that is otherwise difficult to occupy.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
As much as I like the Bison version, inclined to opt for the one from APB Trading. Main reason being, living in the UK I will pay Polish VAT (only reclaimable with a world of pain and paperwork), Postage, UK import duty, and UK VAT. The UK VAT is not 20% on the basic price of the article but also 20% on, postage, import tax, etc.

Well done @Cheshire cat, I didn’t know APB made their own, they are 25min down the road from me, so that makes picking one of those up very easy. Cheers bud 👍

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
Hi @pawel ,

I really like the over head panel. But I don‘t have the rear mounting points, since I have a Trialmaster and no utility. Is there any chance to get the panel fixed?
Youy do have them. I have the Trialmaster and have installed this shelf. The mounting points are behind the two pull off panels where the rear cargo barrier/net attach. Install is very easy.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I really fancy those and think they are a great idea. If only I didn’t feel like they were pulling my pants down.

I am of the same opinion, can’t help but think if they were for a Skoda Yeti, they would be about £50 each !! They are really handy by the looks of it though.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, although it was NOT cheap! I purchased that from an eBay retailer a few months back. It makes good use of an area in the rear cargo bay that is otherwise difficult to occupy.
Just ordered one. Once it arrives and gets installed I'll probably get the storage bags from OGG.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
East coast types - if anyone NJ localish is place an order for an overhead shelf, please let me know. I purchased the under shelf FR chair additional storage shelf, but like an idiot, I only got one (thinking two chairs would fit)! So if someone from whom I could grab the unit from in person (without paying separate shipping), I'd like to get another.

@anand - are you planning to order from Bison?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@anand - are you planning to order from Bison?
Not at this time, I might be adding a shelf area above my fridge slide (which will live on top of my drawers), but that will be made out of the same material I'm making everything else out of

Back
Top Bottom