The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bike Rack

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
If anyone is curious this is the link to the the full length roof racks and the vertical bike hanger. The clamps that come with the rack would work but don’t look as clean so I used the Amazon ones. I won’t link the Amazon clamps as I don’t know how strong they are. https://owlvans.com/collections/bike-trays-1up

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Some pics

Attachments

• IMG_5026.jpeg
    IMG_5026.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5024.jpeg
    IMG_5024.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5023.jpeg
    IMG_5023.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
More pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpeg
    IMG_5022.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5021.jpeg
    IMG_5021.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5019.jpeg
    IMG_5019.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5018.jpeg
    IMG_5018.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5016.jpeg
    IMG_5016.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5015.jpeg
    IMG_5015.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Very cool. Doesn’t look like two will fit on the ladder but you have definitely executed on the same idea I had a little while back and that is a very interesting option. Looks like it sticks up a bit, I’m always hesitant on any bike rack that doesn’t fit when I pull it in the garage. I know myself well enough that I will forget and take something out. At least that’s not as bad as a roof rack.

Just curious, what’s the opening height on your garage door? Doesn’t look like you have too much to spare there on height and looks about as tight as mine will be.

Thanks for the pics.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have about an 1 1/2 inches of clearance with the door. It is definitely tight. The rack when closed does not stick up past the roofline but definitely does with the bike on there. It may not if you have a shorter wheelbase, although the bike in this pic is pretty short. The rack can be moved up and down but obviously if you move it down you lose departure angle. I will say that the rack does block the rear parking sensor. For whatever reason it doesn't chime all the time when backing up, but it certainly blocks it all the time. I may slide the rack to the far left side instead. This would clear the sensors and probably put a little less stress on the hinges, although I don't think the stress part will really make any difference .

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Nice setup, @AZGrenadier . I just want to chime in with another (y) for the 1UP brand of racks. I was tired of "premium" brands that still used plastic here or there and where it was metal, it wasn't particularly stout and/or I could predict where the tray/arms/fasteners would rust over time. Anyways, I've had two 1UP racks for quite a few years now and they're absolutely fantastic. Primitive, in a good way. Very sturdy. One rack is a double, soon to be triple (you can add on). And one rack is for a tandem so its tray is hilariously long. The only thing the 1UP over-the-tire approach isn't ideal for is fendered bikes. But there are ways to adapt.

Back
Top Bottom