The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

35's with the Eibach 2.5" lift...

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
The point is that taller springs only do not constitute a lift. You need longer shocks and bump stop/jounce stop extensions to accompany the springs. Then you will have the usual benefits provided by a lift. Springs alone do nothing to increase tire clearance because the suspension can still compress to the OEM location of the bump stops. Is there any aftermarket company currently selling a complete lift with springs, longer shocks and bump stop extensions? ARB/Old Man Emu must have something in the pipeline.

Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
The point is that taller springs only do not constitute a lift. You need longer shocks and bump stop/jounce stop extensions to accompany the springs. Then you will have the usual benefits provided by a lift. Springs alone do nothing to increase tire clearance because the suspension can still compress to the OEM location of the bump stops. Is there any aftermarket company currently selling a complete lift with springs, longer shocks and bump stop extensions? ARB/Old Man Emu must have something in the pipeline.
I think the look is first and foremost to most folks.

Is there a tire size between the stock size and 35"?

Mena2

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
I just lifted mine with the Eibach lift, New 17" Reika bronze wheels, and Toyo AT3's - 285 75 17. No rubbing. I also added a 5th tire to the spare tire carrier. The door still opens fine with only about 1/4" to spare. The backup camera is slightly blocked with the larger tire, but not too bad. These are 33.9" OD x 11.3" wide. View attachment 7852355
Looks amazing!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
I had the wheels made, they are forged 17x9 ET0 beadlocks. Sorry there are none for purchase at this time. The tires are Goodyear Boulder MT's 35x12.5. I also added Apex valve steams and Autel sensors. View attachment 7857229
How are the Autel sensors working out for you? If good can you confirm which sensors and reader, thank you vm

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the look is first and foremost to most folks.

Is there a tire size between the stock size and 35"?
I'm running 285/70/17 BFG KM3's - almost a 33" tyre (32.71 I think). No lift and no problems articulation/rear door mount.

Strib81

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
How are the Autel sensors working out for you? If good can you confirm which sensors and reader, thank you vm
Autel sensors work great once you figure them out. I used Autel MX 2 in 1 sensors from Amazon. They work but they forgot to send screws for attaching valve steams. Picked up some stainless screws at the hardware store(I don’t recall the specs on screws).
The programmer was harder to figure out. Based on information on this forum I ordered a new Autel Maxi TPMS TS508WF. This unit DOES NOT WORK at this time. I started a support case with Autel and they told me I must clone the sensors and the new units no longer have that function. Autel’s official recommendation was to buy an older unit. So I ordered a used Maxi TPMS TS408 from eBay. After a software update Ineos is a selectable option and I can clone sensors easily. Takes less than 5 minutes for all 5 tpms sensors. Pictures are of what I ordered and do work.
IMG_4737.jpegIMG_4736.jpeg

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
So the Autel sensors replace the factory TPMS sensors? What is the advantage with the swap? (This is clearly uncharted territory for me). Thanks!

Strib81

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So the Autel sensors replace the factory TPMS sensors? What is the advantage with the swap? (This is clearly uncharted territory for me). Thanks!
The grenadier requires the factory computer to relearn sensors. Meaning if you rotate your tires or in my case have two sets of wheels you will need to see your dealer to make the system work. I live 2 hours from the dealer. With this setup I can do it myself in minutes.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Autel sensors work great once you figure them out. I used Autel MX 2 in 1 sensors from Amazon. They work but they forgot to send screws for attaching valve steams. Picked up some stainless screws at the hardware store(I don’t recall the specs on screws).
The programmer was harder to figure out. Based on information on this forum I ordered a new Autel Maxi TPMS TS508WF. This unit DOES NOT WORK at this time. I started a support case with Autel and they told me I must clone the sensors and the new units no longer have that function. Autel’s official recommendation was to buy an older unit. So I ordered a used Maxi TPMS TS408 from eBay. After a software update Ineos is a selectable option and I can clone sensors easily. Takes less than 5 minutes for all 5 tpms sensors. Pictures are of what I ordered and do work.
View attachment 7857266View attachment 7857267
Thank you for taking the time to relay that. Very much appreciated. I was hanging on to make an Autel purchase as was not convinced would work as nobody seemed to have gone through the process. You are a pathfinder!

Topman

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The grenadier requires the factory computer to relearn sensors. Meaning if you rotate your tires or in my case have two sets of wheels you will need to see your dealer to make the system work. I live 2 hours from the dealer. With this setup I can do it myself in minutes.
Just ordered one off ebay and 5 sensors from internet. If works will add a further 5 sensors to the original wheels and tyres.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
I feel zero difference in gearing/get up & go. I still don't like the way it feels going down the highway at speeds over 60/65mph though.
Get the dealer to check that the camber, caster and toe are all in spec and that everything is also torqued to spec. This has fixed my wandering steering on the highway.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
These are the latest pics of the Eibach 2.5 lift with the BFGoodrich mud 35’s. Took it for extensive test drive at speeds over 80 mph. It actually drives and handles better than before.
Which side steps are those - they look awesome? Link pretty please.

Strib81

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just ordered one off ebay and 5 sensors from internet. If works will add a further 5 sensors to the original wheels and tyres.
I will also be swapping original sensors for Autel this winter when I reinstall original wheels and winter tires.

Back
Top Bottom