The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2” hitch receiver installation

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
The swing arm appears to move the rack back pretty far without raising it up. I would worry about grounding while on trails.
I see your point too. Clearance is reducing. It takes about 12" plus the space from the rack itself. On the other hand, the swing arm would give me the freedom to fully operate the tailgate.
How long is the extension you have mounted to gain a little more clearance?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
I see your point too. Clearance is reducing. It takes about 12" plus the space from the rack itself. On the other hand, the swing arm would give me the freedom to fully operate the tailgate.
How long is the extension you have mounted to gain a little more clearance?
Mine is 9" extension and 4.25" rise. The 1Up tray sits level with the top of the Gren's tires.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
Thanks @Tom109 . We have a couple of 1UP racks and I hadn't considered yet what/how to use them. Question ... I love the anti-wobble corner expander ball that 1UP racks use in the receiver ... how's the wobble now?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
Thanks @Tom109 . We have a couple of 1UP racks and I hadn't considered yet what/how to use them. Question ... I love the anti-wobble corner expander ball that 1UP racks use in the receiver ... how's the wobble now?
I switched to this pin. It locks out the wobble without the need for additional clamps. It is awkward to install on the Gren hitch, so hopefully that complicates theft.

IMG_6855.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom