The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Non-OEM Tow Adaptor / Mount / Bar

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
I picked up the trigger wire at the trailer socket ,this involves removing the bash plate and loosening the heat shield . You will need ti cut thr stop light wire and then join with a deutcher connector . If your brake controller has a switch that applies the trailer brake only you will need a resistor to stop feed back into the stability control check the red arc tow pro wiring diagrams on their web site

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
My understranding, as i also did not order my Grenadier with a Tow hitch is that there are three issues;
1. Yes, a Tow hitch with Ball or Ball & Pin can be fitted quite easily to the mounting plate found on the vehicle, but,
2. The Single electrics (13 pin in Europe and UK) - there is no easy or visible pick up/plug connector to capture the electrics for a Trailer board or lights
3. I have been told that vehicles that have the Tow Bars fitted by INEOS have a Trailor module programmed into the vehicle which takes into account a towed weight for the ABS system

I wish it was easier, but INEOS have made it hard as hell and due to low numbers of sold units, none of the Trailer fitting companies are interested in producing one for it.

3: this is what im hearing too and trying to find a work around as i really want to tow a mid size boat and small trailer. Long story but my pre ordered grenadier, that was specced with towing, went MIA and i had to get another grenadier vehicle elsewhere that did not have this option. I did not anticipate this being such an issue.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7852701
Enclosed is the mock up of the low profile “bike rack adapter” that we are putting together. Hitch extender fit well, so we are going to move onto making these in metal.
I would be interested in something lower profile like that. Out of curiosity, is the crossmember it is bolted to solid or would the hitch slide in further? I haven’t removed the cover yet.

Back
Top Bottom