The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Where’s the Load Space Cover Option for the rear boot???

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
Where’s the Load Space Cover Option for the rear boot???

Dear Ineos, Please provide a proper Load Space Cover Option for the Rear Boot Area to prevent theft of our stuff in the rear boot.

When is Ineos going to provide an option or better yet include a Load Space Cover for the rear boot to stop prying eyes from stealing all my stuff when I get my new Grenadier. This has to be the easiest thing for them to design and option or provide with the vehicle. Imagine all the theft prevention and broken locks/windows that would be avoided with a simple Load Space Cover. Yes, I know a blanket would work, however it would lie on top of my lumpy stuff, still letting everyone know there is lumpy stuff below the blanket that might be worth breaking into to get at it.

With a proper Load Space Cover, you can’t tell if there is anything there because it is elevated and taught.

I own a 2020 Defender 110 and their load space cover is simply and brilliant. Lightweight, easy to roll up into something the size of a paper towel roll and easy to deploy again.
I would recommend they take a look at the Defender one and design something as simple and elegant and either gift it to us when we purchase out new Grenadiers or at least allow us the option
to purchase one. Mine in my Defender has kept all my stuff from prying eyes and prevented any break-ins.

How they missed providing this option is beyond me. Seems to me they would love to sell 20,000 plus per year or more. Easy money and we all need them, at least I do. DaBull

Attachments

• Defender Load Space Cover.jpg
    Defender Load Space Cover.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Elastic Loops and Plastic Retention Clips.jpg
    Elastic Loops and Plastic Retention Clips.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 33
  • LR Part #L8B2-46668-ACW. .jpg
    LR Part #L8B2-46668-ACW. .jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Rolled Up.jpg
    Rolled Up.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Plastic Retention Clips.jpg
    Plastic Retention Clips.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 54%22 total width with loops.jpg
    54%22 total width with loops.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 34

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
This has to be the easiest thing for them to design and option or provide with the vehicle.

In fact, not the "easiest thing to design" or option, as given the contours and interior panels, there are no provisions for one.

we all need them, at least I do.

I think you are in the minority on this one... Working in the European car industry for nearly 20 years, I can't even begin to count the number of covers we've tossed in our dumpsters for customers out Audi/VW/BMW vehicles that come with them standard because they get in the way (if you fold your seats down) or just generally never used. If it is truly a concern, just apply darker window film to the rear windows.

Just my $0.02

Vote:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In fact, not the "easiest thing to design" or option, as given the contours and interior panels, there are no provisions for one.

I think you are in the minority on this one... Working in the European car industry for nearly 20 years, I can't even begin to count the number of covers we've tossed in our dumpsters for customers out Audi/VW/BMW vehicles that come with them standard because they get in the way (if you fold your seats down) or just generally never used. If it is truly a concern, just apply darker window film to the rear windows.

Just my $0.02
Hi Anand, Have to disagree. So simple to design. Land Rover perfected it with just a bit of fabric, a couple clips and elastic. Agree that most of the over engineered extruded aluminum mechanisms that roll up with vinyl boot covers are prone to not rolling out and rolling up as they should do and they take up too much space that your forced to leave the damm thing in your garage when you go away on vacation. That is how my Range Rover Sport boot covers were. Hated them. The Defender solution is perfection and simple and basically nothing to fail and you get to take it with you. I would recommend checking one out. If you don't like anyone looking up your boot, it's the way to go. DaBull

Vote:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS Americas Response:

"This unfortunately isn't an option, although we take the feedback on board. "

Vote:
Solution

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
Where’s the Load Space Cover Option for the rear boot???

Dear Ineos, Please provide a proper Load Space Cover Option for the Rear Boot Area to prevent theft of our stuff in the rear boot.

When is Ineos going to provide an option or better yet include a Load Space Cover for the rear boot to stop prying eyes from stealing all my stuff when I get my new Grenadier. This has to be the easiest thing for them to design and option or provide with the vehicle. Imagine all the theft prevention and broken locks/windows that would be avoided with a simple Load Space Cover. Yes, I know a blanket would work, however it would lie on top of my lumpy stuff, still letting everyone know there is lumpy stuff below the blanket that might be worth breaking into to get at it.

With a proper Load Space Cover, you can’t tell if there is anything there because it is elevated and taught.

I own a 2020 Defender 110 and their load space cover is simply and brilliant. Lightweight, easy to roll up into something the size of a paper towel roll and easy to deploy again.
I would recommend they take a look at the Defender one and design something as simple and elegant and either gift it to us when we purchase out new Grenadiers or at least allow us the option
to purchase one. Mine in my Defender has kept all my stuff from prying eyes and prevented any break-ins.

How they missed providing this option is beyond me. Seems to me they would love to sell 20,000 plus per year or more. Easy money and we all need them, at least I do. DaBull
Best option is to import some Solarscreens or similar. Remembering this is a utility vehicle so options like these are generally not available. Search "solarscreens" in the search bar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502_122443_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502_122443_Facebook.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 13
Vote:
Back
Top Bottom