The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

what lies in store for usa buyers as all new cars need a rear camera?

Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
am i wrong or missing something? i didn't see this in the other countries should the buyer not want it. i thought i saw it included in a package if you wanted it.

i guess the extra cost will be baked in?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
am i wrong or missing something? i didn't see this in the other countries should the buyer not want it. i thought i saw it included in a package if you wanted it.

i guess the extra cost will be baked in?
According to the AU brochure their spec has a standard rear view camera, and I believe the EU/UK ones do as well. It won't be a problem here.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do not think this will be an option for the US market. As far as I know it's a requirement for all new vehicles.

This is the configurator from my end. I did not select any packages that would auto populate the camera as an add-on item, it is preselected along with this other safety stuff (I know the configurator may not be accurate as we have not yet had it open to ordering, but just an FYI)

B6AACA43-636B-48C8-88D2-B594FD57B322.jpeg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
According to the AU brochure their spec has a standard rear view camera, and I believe the EU/UK ones do as well. It won't be a problem here.
Standard across all models in Aus but a £360 option on base models in UK.

It seems UK got the advanced Thatcham cat 1 alarm & immobiliser as standard across all models but it was a $390 option on base models in Aus.

Swings and roundabouts ~ especially as we didn't end up getting the Thatcham spec kit.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

It seems UK got the advanced Thatcham cat 1 alarm & immobiliser as standard across all models but it was a $390 option on base models in Aus.

Swings and roundabouts ~ especially as we didn't end up getting the Thatcham spec kit.
For some reason the Thatcham security is no longer rated as such and should one need a Thatcham Standard, they will have to purchase elsewhere. UK buyers received an email last year to this affect.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The US configurator currently preselects the Smooth Pack, which is an option elsewhere. It includes the rear view camera. My guess is we'll all get the Smooth Pack as "standard". No choice. That's fine by me.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
For some reason the Thatcham security is no longer rated as such and should one need a Thatcham Standard, they will have to purchase elsewhere. UK buyers received an email last year to this affect.

Correct, I am still waiting for the email to tell me how much I will be getting back off the purchase price now that the alarm does not conform to quite a few insurance companies terms and conditions !!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score

Reversing camera is a legal requirement in Australia as too many small children were getting reversed over in their driveways by their parents in 4wd.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 PM
Reaction score
As posted, all new cars require a backup camera in the US. Wish that IA placed the camera somewhere else so that they could lower the spare tire a bit for better viewing out the rear.

Local time
Reaction score
The US configurator currently preselects the Smooth Pack, which is an option elsewhere. It includes the rear view camera. My guess is we'll all get the Smooth Pack as "standard". No choice. That's fine by me.

that's the question. there will be no choice. i hope it will be just the camera and no price increase. but you can't rule out some sort a package deal where they give you a bunch of stuff you don't want to justify a higher price that you must pay.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
that's the question. there will be no choice. i hope it will be just the camera and no price increase. but you can't rule out some sort a package deal where they give you a bunch of stuff you don't want to justify a higher price that you must pay.

The Smooth pack costs $2,205 and I have highlighted the only things that I really want from it. These can be configured manually in Australia for $1,870.
So they are charging me an extra $335 for the other two items.
Seems reasonable to me.
Keep in mind if you don't select the power exterior mirrors they are manually adjustable, which might seem like nostalgic fun but in a vehicle this wide it means passenger winds the window down in the rain or driver gets out and walks around.

The rough pack is $3,015 and I want the lot
Diff locks and K02 tyres can be configured separately for a total of $3,820
Those thieves are ripping me off to the tune of -$805.

1683854524036.png1683854158091.png1683854205961.png1683854256540.png1683854282349.png1683854320698.png1683854674091.png1683854712278.png

Attachments

• 1683854078281.png
    1683854078281.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 1

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
but you can't rule out some sort a package deal where they give you a bunch of stuff you don't want to justify a higher price that you must pay.
That would be the complete opposite of what they have done in the UK market.

All items in the packs are separately selectable, with the noteable exception of the puddle lights; and then the jackets are "only" available with the Belstaff editions.

Ineos were quite clear in stating that the options would be simple to navigate, and they've kept to it. 👏

Back
Top Bottom