The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What European drives/trails would you recommend (for a UK based beginner)

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Hi can any body recommend some European offroad routes to christen the Grenadier? Looking for something dramatic but not too demanding (due to my low skill levels)

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
Hi can any body recommend some European offroad routes to christen the Grenadier? Looking for something dramatic but not too demanding (due to my low skill levels)
In the UK there are great welsh lanes to explore, as well as Lake district. Even the peak district has some fun lanes.

If you want to cross the channel and go further afield, there are lots of great Pyrenees routes. Smugglers pass out of Andorra for instance, not demanding and very scenic. you can easily do 3 weeks in the Pyrenees, starting in Basque country and ending up on the beautiful Costa Brava.

Use the app Wikiloc for finding tracks, you can sort by difficulty and people attach pictures to help gauge the terrain!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
In the UK there are great welsh lanes to explore, as well as Lake district. Even the peak district has some fun lanes.

If you want to cross the channel and go further afield, there are lots of great Pyrenees routes. Smugglers pass out of Andorra for instance, not demanding and very scenic. you can easily do 3 weeks in the Pyrenees, starting in Basque country and ending up on the beautiful Costa Brava.

Use the app Wikiloc for finding tracks, you can sort by difficulty and people attach pictures to help gauge the terrain!
I downloaded this app immediately!
Thanks a lot!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I downloaded this app immediately!
Thanks a lot!
It's a great resource for DIY trips! just make sure to read descriptions as many users comment updates regarding new blockages or access issues.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Didn't know Wikiloc, thanks a lot! 😘

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It's on the web as well. But I didn't know there is an app. Thanks @Spjnr !

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
/Hi can any body recommend some European offroad routes to christen the Grenadier? Looking for something dramatic but not too demanding (due to my low skill levels)
Hi i am collecting mine next week. I have got a contact who has offered ' non-scratchy' routes on the byeways of Salisbury Plain.
Is that something you might get into ? Would be next month i guess

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Just downloaded the app, it’s excellent! Thanks @Spjnr

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score

Smugglers Pass/Pyrenees is an excellent suggestion.

I used to live in Ronda, Andalucia - there are a number of easy trails in the Sierra de las Nieves, Sierra de Cazorla and Gorafe Desert etc that could be mixed up with regular local touring to Cordoba, Granada et al and make for a super driving holiday.

Back
Top Bottom