The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TPMS calibration and or disabling

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:39 AM
Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything about if you can disable the tpms when airing down?
It’s a pain with the Land Rover and the Jeep guys have been complaining for years. Do we know if this has been given consideration by INEOS?

It would be nice if they linked this to the off-road setting so there’s no warning lights or bonging etc.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
It’s a pain with the Land Rover and the Jeep guys have been complaining for years. Do we know if this has been given consideration by INEOS?

It would be nice if they linked this to the off-road setting so there’s no warning lights or bonging etc.
They have mentioned that you can air down and use the TPMS to monitor/measure your setting.
I assume that means that it doesn't have an audible alarm

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score

Have a read of GB2594529 - An automobile control system.

Whilst it doesn't mention TPMS specifically it seems to explain the logic of the system that would be configured to allow such a change, and details other systems that could be so configured ~ including DRLs, which may be pertinent to the other thread regarding whether they could be switched off if required.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did anyone pick up from the manual whether the TPMS could be configured or disabled for off-road driving when airing down.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Doesn’t say so in the manual, but surely they will have thought of that.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think in off road mode this disables TPMS “roadside-to-vehicle communications 🤔page 101
DEACTIVATED ACTIVATED CHANGED Emergency Signal System (ESS) Thermal mode Electronic stability control (ESC) Park Distance Control (PDC) Automatic Acoustic driver door status warning Roadside-to-vehicle communications (RVC) Acoustic seat belt reminderCD9246B5-D515-4A2C-9109-C105833BCBAB.png

Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Thermal mode is likely the tires temp monitor. Our Ineos host at the San Diego driving event mentioned that when the vehicle is locked in low mode, and presumably you've aired down the tires, the system monitors tire temp to ensure you don't overcook them during an extended period of traveling while aired down.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Thermal mode is likely the tires temp monitor. Our Ineos host at the San Diego driving event mentioned that when the vehicle is locked in low mode, and presumably you've aired down the tires, the system monitors tire temp to ensure you don't overcook them during an extended period of traveling while aired down.
That's a brilliant feature.

Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone assist with this since it isn’t mentioned in the online owners manual - Will the system allow to recalibrate for different tire sizes?

Specifically the ability to correct the speedometer and gear ratio when larger tires are installed. When the speedometer is left uncorrected, there is a major degradation in the performance of the stability control (ESP), transmission shifting, and engine performance.

Thanks.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can anyone assist with this since it isn’t mentioned in the online owners manual - Will the system allow to recalibrate for different tire sizes?

Specifically the ability to correct the speedometer and gear ratio when larger tires are installed. When the speedometer is left uncorrected, there is a major degradation in the performance of the stability control (ESP), transmission shifting, and engine performance.

Thanks.
Not sure how your laws work in US but in Australia it is illegal to modify the speedo.
Although it was possible in older cars by changing the cog on the speedo takeoff from the gearbox.

Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Not sure how your laws work in US but in Australia it is illegal to modify the speedo.
Although it was possible in older cars by changing the cog on the speedo takeoff from the gearbox.
Not exactly modifying the Speedo but rather making changes to the onboard settings via either the resident software in the vehicle system, or (probably aftermarket) attaching a module to the OBDII with settings pre-programmed. And allowing to go back to original settings if necessary.

Will the onboard software will allow for recalibration? That’s all I was asking.

My 1984 Jeep CJ-7 required a cog in the speedo cable when this type of mod was done.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I think you’ll find that’s the Odo you can’t play with Dave.
I’ve often heard of people having the speedo modified after gearing/larger wheels have been added to reqd closer to actual. Anyone with 35” or 37” tyre mods would be well advised to have it changed as they would be massively different to actual.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I think you’ll find that’s the Odo you can’t play with Dave.
I’ve often heard of people having the speedo modified after gearing/larger wheels have been added to reqd closer to actual. Anyone with 35” or 37” tyre mods would be well advised to have it changed as they would be massively different to actual.
Yes you are correct
I meant the electronic function part as they are now one and the same/interlinked.
The physical toothed cog from the gearbox can be changed.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes you are correct
I meant the electronic function part as they are now one and the same/interlinked.
The physical toothed cog from the gearbox can be changed.
Good point. I hadn’t thought about electronic systems actually. I wouldn’t even know how the speedo / odo are set up now. Is there actually a cog in play these days? I’m a mechanical numpty so I would have thought the odo at least was connected somehow to one of the wheel rather than gearbox.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good point. I hadn’t thought about electronic systems actually. I wouldn’t even know how the speedo / odo are set up now. Is there actually a cog in play these days? I’m a mechanical numpty so I would have thought the odo at least was connected somehow to one of the wheel rather than gearbox.
Pretty sure it is still taken from the gearbox and you use different cogs for different tyre configurations

1686534101595.png

Back
Top Bottom