The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Total damage

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
I just stumbled across this video. It's a teardown of a blown Honda engine. I've seen a few engine failures, including capital ones. But I've never seen anything like this, it beats everything.

The video is long, and I was going to skip it at first. However, I then became curious to see what else comes out of it. And you can fast forward here and there.

For all who have a clue about engines, this is imho worth watching. The farer you go, the better it gets. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
Watched loads of videos on this channel, very interesting for those with a mechanical mind.

99% of failures he covers seem to result from oil starvation or overheating...

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
That was properly broken; not much you could salvage, except the water pump.

I destroyed a Hillman Imp engine almost as badly when it over-revved on a rally stage and two con-rods out of four let go. The other time I ruined a whole engine was crashing into a tree and shock-loaded everything; we were hoping to salvage the engine and gearbox, but both had broken bearing housings and stripped fasteners. We finally managed to salvage the valves, cam, 3 con-rods, 4 pistons and the gearbox shafts. The cases and bearings were ruined.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
I just stumbled across this video. It's a teardown of a blown Honda engine. I've seen a few engine failures, including capital ones. But I've never seen anything like this, it beats everything.

The video is long, and I was going to skip it at first. However, I then became curious to see what else comes out of it. And you can fast forward here and there.

For all who have a clue about engines, this is imho worth watching. The farer you go, the better it gets. Unbelievable.

Same guy has a B58 tear down too.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
Thank you @Krabby, I found it. A very interesting video. (y)

I've posted a thread with the link to the video here.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
99% of failures he covers seem to result from oil starvation or overheating...
When things fail it's rarely the "car's fault".
And if it is , a certain % can be traced to the owner who decided to but that type of car in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom