The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Those who have signed a contract - Courtesy Vehicle

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Any mention in the contract as to what you would be offered if your car is off the road due to warranty claim, spare parts delay, etc.

Due to lack of vehicles I doubt we'll be offered a Grenadier but will it be relatively comparable..stay a pick up.....?

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any mention in the contract as to what you would be offered if your car is off the road due to warranty claim, spare parts delay, etc.

Due to lack of vehicles I doubt we'll be offered a Grenadier but will it be relatively comparable..stay a pick up.....?
Well Jardine Kent are Lambogini dealers :) so fingers crossed 😁 😁

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Both the contract and referenced but separate warranty conditions are silent on this matter.

CryHavoc

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
Not sure how it works in various other countries, but in the States I've never seen a loaner car clause anywhere in a manufacturer's literature. That's always left up to the individual dealerships. Sometimes you luck out with an upgrade (my Subaru dealership is fantastic in that regard), annnnnnd sometimes you end up with an economy shitbox (like when I'd take my twin-turbo V6 Ford Expy EL in and get a Fiesta loaner) :LOL:

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When ai used to live in Jersey (channel Islands) the local dealer was Aston Martin mini, Porsche, Bentley, Land Rover and Jaguar. I borrowed quite a few cars every time the Range rover went in for warranty. I just had to move my insurance to the loan car. I think I did more miles on loan cars than my own. :)

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
When ai used to live in Jersey (channel Islands) the local dealer was Aston Martin mini, Porsche, Bentley, Land Rover and Jaguar. I borrowed quite a few cars every time the Range rover went in for warranty. I just had to move my insurance to the loan car. I think I did more miles on loan cars than my own. :)

I expect the RR struggled with the arduous island driving conditions, given maximum speed limit is 40mph ;)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure how it works in various other countries, but in the States I've never seen a loaner car clause anywhere in a manufacturer's literature. That's always left up to the individual dealerships.
My experience with JLR was that local dealer was responsible for a loan fleet for service work but warranty work got you a vehicle direct from JLR via a hire company. Usually a brand new JLR product price matched to same model or lower.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
IA have an agreement with Hyundai for this, I believe a fleet of i10’s have been ordered as loaners !!

Local time
Reaction score
^^^ For that you should do what some people do who own "different" vehicles (IE 4x4's, vans etc) and get given an i10 or something equally small and useless..... just use it as you would your grenadier... take it back covered in mud or stuck in a field.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Of course I said it in jest, however I know two people who were unfortunate enough to have their 4x4’s stolen within days of each other (Disco 4 and Nissan Navarra), there respective insurance companies both gave them a hire vehicle that was as much use as a Hyundai i10.

I get the impression that certainly in the UK nobody actually believes that a 4x4 is truly necessary and it’s just a lifestyle choice these days

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
This is an interesting point. I use my vehicle to earn a living and tow a hybrid van. My current vehicle requires a new engine and has been with the dealer since 15 December 2022. No engines in Australia and a lead time of 2 to 12 weeks. I made do in December and January but then went to the manufacturer for assistance. To their credit, they did provide a loan vehicle even though my car is out of warranty and are also putting in a new engine at no expense to me.

The last time I had an issue under warranty it took them three months to repair my vehicle. Again, they supplied a loan vehicle at their expense.

For me, parts supply will be critical as I earn a living from my vehicle. I'm pretty sure that Australian Consumer Law can be called into play if something like this were to occur with the IG. I'm hoping it does not ever come to this and if Ineos is genuine about being a supplier of quality, durable vehicles with solid backup, we should be OK. Here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom