The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos The Hardway Home winner from Austria videos

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
It seems this is the HardWay Home winner that drove home from Morrocco to Austria. Some good owner based reviews of the IG.

https://www.youtube.com/@grenadier_exploring/videos

Shows how the winch works
How to get in and out with out steps
Steering feel is vague on center when driving, but once in a turn it is tight and direct
THe steering needs to be 'unwound' after a turn, it doesn't spin back like a modern car (said it only took a few turns to get a feel for it.)
Rides nice and flat
Plenty of power

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just wonder why this guy can have it delivered and on the road, but other orders languish on dealer lots???

Local time
Reaction score
Didn't this guy win the ability to buy his first or something? I don't know that for sure but for some reason I thought that's why he has one at his disposal.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Didn't this guy win the ability to buy his first or something? I don't know that for sure but for some reason I thought that's why he has one at his disposal.
He is here on this forum Ingemar. Yes there was a competition callled the hard way home and three order holders won the opportunity to have their cars delivered to them in Morrocco and drive it home with a support team from there and got a head start on everyone else.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
@Ingemar - out of curiosity could you tell us what your last final 6 digits of your VIN are; or at least the range it's in? >200 and <300...

The reason I ask is that yours must be one of the first off the production line and it would help settle the question of whether Ineos started customer cars with 000001 or something much higher like 000501.

Also on your Certificate of Conformity is the type approval recorded as the same as this or different?IMG_20230503_063809.jpg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
@Ingemar - out of curiosity could you tell us what your last final 6 digits of your VIN are; or at least the range it's in? >200 and <300...

The reason I ask is that yours must be one of the first off the production line and it would help settle the question of whether Ineos started customer cars with 000001 or something much higher like 000501.

Also on your Certificate of Conformity is the type approval recorded as the same as this or different?View attachment 7810244

As my dealer has a car with 274 or similar on his yard they seem to start low

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've just realised that if the dates of manufacture are accurate (and why wouldn't they be?) then from a rolling list of CoCs, we have a way of measuring output, well until we get figures reversed, I. E., a higher VIN and an earlier date.

So between 3rd Jan and 1st Feb there could have been just over 400 produced... a run rate of just over 5,000 per annum.

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score

Also on your Certificate of Conformity is the type approval recorded as the same as this or different?View attachment 7810244

mine is ...000591

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Again, thanks for sharing your info. 👍

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Thanks @Ingemar
Unrelated to the infotainment video, but I noticed the interior plastic in the rear of your vehicle is already well scratched and knocked around a bit. Would you say the IG plastic is prone to this compared to other vehicles or did yours have a fairly hard time of it on the trip home. To me when looking at the Prototypes it looked like the internal plastic wouldn’t handle scratches very well.
Thanks.

Ingemar

Grenadier Owner
Hard Way Home Winner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @Ingemar
Unrelated to the infotainment video, but I noticed the interior plastic in the rear of your vehicle is already well scratched and knocked around a bit. Would you say the IG plastic is prone to this compared to other vehicles or did yours have a fairly hard time of it on the trip home. To me when looking at the Prototypes it looked like the internal plastic wouldn’t handle scratches very well.
Thanks.
i wouldn't say it's more sensitive. but i didn't pay specific attention to that....think my old cars would scratch the same way. i just used it as a working vehicle and it had already a hard time. did transport fire wood in there, tools, skis, snowshoes, the dog 😉....

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i wouldn't say it's more sensitive. but i didn't pay specific attention to that....think my old cars would scratch the same way. i just used it as a working vehicle and it had already a hard time. did transport fire wood in there, tools, skis, snowshoes, the dog 😉....
Wow, you are here! I do appreciate that you seem to be using the vehicle as meant!.

Are the other winners posting videos?

I saw mentioned that you are a pilot- professionally? (My son is working towards that.)

Thanks for all you are doing especially for those of us that won’t see ours anytime soon. Glad to see that somoene like you won!

Back
Top Bottom