The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sydney (Lithgow drive)

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
Sydney lithgow drive. Second time driving and I must say, I Love driving this beautifully engineered machine. It's all so effortless. 4 cars on display, silver, black, queens red and sela green. A few things to note/confirm :

Locking centre diff on the fly is fine. No need to stop and neutral like the ineos video is saying. Did so numerous times.

I'm not raising a footrest issue, because I'm 6foot 6 and I don't care. I stop every 2 hours to stretch anyway, whilst off-road it was great to have a solid footing. And the rest of the car is too great for this to bother me. But to note I was told recaro had part in designing and signing this off for ergonomics.

Tailshaft and steering arms are steel, someone speculated to me they could be a thick ally tubing. But no they are steel.

All panels are ally, except for rear quarters and roof being steel, I forgot to check rear doors.

Spare wheel carrier could be modified for 35s easily I think.

Front seats slide all the way back with the rear seats in flat folded position.

The black grenadier and silver grenadier had been sitting in the sun (33'c) for about an hour. Black paint was scalding hot. Silver I could leave my hand sitting.

Sela green is gorgeous!

Attached a few photos.... Because hey we all love more photos.

Attachments

• PXL_20230212_055613761.jpg
    PXL_20230212_055613761.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20230212_055607700.jpg
    PXL_20230212_055607700.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20230212_055627315.jpg
    PXL_20230212_055627315.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20230212_060322012.jpg
    PXL_20230212_060322012.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20230212_060807585.jpg
    PXL_20230212_060807585.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 90
  • PXL_20230212_061758916.jpg
    PXL_20230212_061758916.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20230212_061854037.jpg
    PXL_20230212_061854037.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 76
  • PXL_20230212_061910481.jpg
    PXL_20230212_061910481.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 81
  • PXL_20230212_055326451.jpg
    PXL_20230212_055326451.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20230212_054216543.jpg
    PXL_20230212_054216543.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 88

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sydney lithgow drive. Second time driving and I must say, I Love driving this beautifully engineered machine. It's all so effortless. 4 cars on display, silver, black, queens red and sela green. A few things to note/confirm :

Locking centre diff on the fly is fine. No need to stop and neutral like the ineos video is saying. Did so numerous times.

I'm not raising a footrest issue, because I'm 6foot 6 and I don't care. I stop every 2 hours to stretch anyway, whilst off-road it was great to have a solid footing. And the rest of the car is too great for this to bother me. But to note I was told recaro had part in designing and signing this off for ergonomics.

Tailshaft and steering arms are steel, someone speculated to me they could be a thick ally tubing. But no they are steel.

All panels are ally, except for rear quarters and roof being steel, I forgot to check rear doors.

The black grenadier and silver grenadier had been sitting in the sun (33'c) for about an hour. Black paint was scalding hot. Silver I could leave my hand sitting.

Sela green is gorgeous!

Congratulations.
It is so good when someone experiences it for themselves and realises how damn good this thing is.
It isn't for everyone but clearly it is for you .......and me.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was there this afternoon myself. I drove there in my Ranger Raptor, probably the best IFS ute you can drive, the suspension is best in its class... then I drove the Grenadier!

Holy mother of God is all I have to say. The damn thing was so effortless everywhere in 2Hi, (EDIT: That should read 4Hi) and laughed at any obstacle in Lo, let alone locked.

And all at highway pressures!!!

Bloody bloody marvellous vehicle.

EDIT: I drove the diesel btw.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was there this afternoon myself. I drove there in my Ranger Raptor, probably the best IFS ute you can drive, the suspension is best in its class... then I drove the Grenadier!

Holy mother of God is all I have to say. The damn thing was so effortless everywhere in 2Hi, and laughed at any obstacle in Lo, let alone locked.

Was that your first drive, @Wayneos ?

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score

Holy mother of God is all I have to say. The damn thing was so effortless everywhere in 2Hi, and laughed at any obstacle in Lo, let alone locked.

exactly what i wanted to hear, thanks

Misso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

EDIT: I drove the diesel btw.
2Hi? I thought it was constant 4x4…?

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Thank you all for these drive impressions!
These are great for those of us in the US with a long wait.
I value the opinions of everyone on this site over the journalist.
Looking forward to reports from the first deliveries.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you all for these drive impressions!
These are great for those of us in the US with a long wait.
I value the opinions of everyone on this site over the journalist.
Looking forward to reports from the first deliveries.
Hopefully deliveries aren't too far off. But ild rather they arrive as perfect as can be. So ineos can take their time for mine.... Just not too long hahaa.

COSTA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Are you sure about locking the centre diff on the go?

You can put it in high whilst rolling. I understand this is required in part due to the speed sensors.

The instructor I had on the day said to lock it in Low you have to come to a complete stop though. Which makes sense to me unless you want to chew it out. There's no synchro.

Both scenarios were no problem mind you. Very easy to engage.

I think I could've just about put it in low and walked the whole track next to it.
The course made the vehicle look and feel extremely capable.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you sure about locking the centre diff on the go?

You can put it in high whilst rolling. I understand this is required in part due to the speed sensors.

The instructor I had on the day said to lock it in Low you have to come to a complete stop though. Which makes sense to me unless you want to chew it out. There's no synchro.

Both scenarios were no problem mind you. Very easy to engage.

I think I could've just about put it in low and walked the whole track next to it.
The course made the vehicle look and feel extremely capable.
Yes. Locking the centre diff is right to left, and can be done whilst moving. Engaging low range... You are correct, you must stop. Select neutral with auto selector then move the transfer box lever from top to bottom.

Local time
Reaction score

Sela green is gorgeous!

Glad it was your 'second time'! I am still wanting a first time!!!

Back
Top Bottom