The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reasons given for delay to date. Not speculation

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
So there have been many reasons given so far by either IA or dealers. It seems odd that they vary so much, I wondered if we could have a list. Not a ranting thread, just a simple list of ‘official’ reasons. ie things you have been told by a dealer or by IA..

So far the ones I can remember hearing are:
Software update
Bump Strips
Registration Issues
Contract issues
and a power steering hose.

Please add any more here.

Local time
Reaction score
Issues with the power steering hose possibly but perhaps a restrictor to make it self centre more easily . Suspension link brushes being fitted with the incorrect compliance bushes.
Not being in the UK DVLA AFRIL registration process.
All from more than one source.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
Possibly need a sub category for what the software update is supposedly addressing:

- “idle stabilisation, to keep emissions low”
- transport mode deactivation issues

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t been told what, but for my vehicle which has apparently been built but is still in the hold at Hambach it is apparently waiting for parts to be delivered to complete the build.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for this consolidation. This is the first I've read about the steering pump hose.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Parts, just like I said weeks ago - more parts to replace poor parts but at least the QA should be up to standard when these hit the road.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
"The diesel-powered Grenadier’s thermo fan currently runs loud and long after parking the car. Engineers say it is due to a software issue that will be resolved by the time customer deliveries start."

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"The diesel-powered Grenadier’s thermo fan currently runs loud and long after parking the car. Engineers say it is due to a software issue that will be resolved by the time customer deliveries start."
The thermo fan on my wife's "non-turbo" Subaru Impreza occasionally runs for a few minutes after shut down on a very hot day (35-40+deg C ) presumably to minimise 'heat soak'.
The revelation in the electrical section of the owner's handbook that both the petrol and the diesel engine utilise an electric water pump could also a big plus for reducing heat soak in turbo engines in hot climates if they can be programmed to run for a few minutes after shut down in conjunction with the thermo fan ....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The thermo fan on my wife's "non-turbo" Subaru Impreza occasionally runs for a few minutes after shut down on a very hot day (35-40+deg C ) presumably to minimise 'heat soak'.
The revelation in the electrical section of the owner's handbook that both the petrol and the diesel engine utilise an electric water pump could also a big plus for reducing heat soak in turbo engines in hot climates if they can be programmed to run for a few minutes after shut down in conjunction with the thermo fan ....
The thermofan on my non turbo petrol Porsche 944 runs for 2-3 minutes on a hot day after shutdown.
Engine temps never get above 1/2 way on the gauge. Thus it is a "feature" of the car!

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
these issues maybe not valid for all cars, but at least for a bunch of them which were produced in a defined time period in January:
- the steering pump hose has to be replaced in all the 5 vehicles, which were already delivered to my dealer. the parts should be ready for shipment this week and hopefully the work can be done next week
- the brake hoses have to be checked and eventually replaced
- software update is done

-the tow ball will have to be replaced in the next months

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
My last communication, with staff at Ineos (shortly before my Grenadier appeared in the dealer), said

"It will be subject to our prevailing checks around final quality and software maturity and then Adam and Richard at Belton will get you on the road asap."

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The fan on my twin turbo Mercedes runs really loud when I park in the garage but is much quieter when I park in the driveway
No idea how long it runs for because when I stop the vehicle and get out I usually walk away from it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have the Dixon Bate ball & pin coupling rated at 250kg?

Local time
Reaction score
i don‘t know which type of tow ball is originally installed, but surely not the ball and pin coupling

Local time
Reaction score
I have to say again why the tow ball do they mean the assembly bolted on to the rear cross member and not the ball itself.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have to say again why the tow ball do they mean the assembly bolted on to the rear cross member and not the ball itself.
The "Vertical Towing Interface" in Ineos parlance.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The "Vertical Towing Interface" in Ineos parlance.
I think you have already hit the nail on the head in a previous thread.
The s value for the tow bar block is 350kg ( likewise the ball)
The s value for the DB ball and pin is 250kgs
All IA literature states 3.5t and s value of 350kg ( I may be wrong because I only look at M1) the ball and pin aren't type approved on M1.

Back
Top Bottom