The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Photo's from across the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:51 PM
Reaction score
I love looking through photos that we've all posted on the forum. At times it takes me ages to find the thread and location of a picture I remember. So I've come up with this search shortcut. I believe it displays all media chronologically ordered. Happy viewing:

P.s I'd be pleased to learn if there is a better way to browse photo's of our future Grenadiers 😃

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
Does using the“Media” button just below the banner not do the same thing? Sortable by date or whatever?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the interests of keeping our forum a cut above the rest, might I remind one and all that an apostrophe before an s indicates (1) a shortened form of the word.... "it's" meaning it is, you'd. meaning " you would", you're meaning "you are" etc
or (2) the possessive case.... e g the dog's tail....
-there is NO apostrophe when the word its is used as follows: the dog was chasing its tail...
-there is no apostrophe when an s is used to denote the plural form... photo photos

end of rant!🤪

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In the interests of keeping our forum a cut above the rest, might I remind one and all that an apostrophe before an s indicates (1) a shortened form of the word.... "it's" meaning it is, you'd. meaning " you would", you're meaning "you are" etc
-there is NO apostrophe when the word its is used as follows: the dog was chasing its tail...
-there is no apostrophe when an s is used to denote the plural form... photo photos

end of rant!🤪
Great - our first grammar / spelling nazi.

(no offence meant by what is a commonly used term in Oz)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
English isn't my mother tongue, therefore I will stubbornly continue to make mistakes 
Jean,
as i said previously, I am humbled by the high standards of English displayed by you and others of our jolly group for whom English is a second/third/fourth language. (y)
My note about the use of the apostrophe is a reminder to those for whom English is their first language... we need to set the example! ;)

As this is my 400th post... think of it as "continuous improvement!" 🙏 :D

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m British and still learning English. My father was a proof reader in the print trade and tried to teach me Grammar and punctuation and still does at 89 years old. I’m a lost cause . I hated grammar and punctuation as a child and still do now.I was thrown out of English classes for being naughty. Don’t be offended if my grammar or punctuation is incorrect as I really don’t give a toss. Some of my mates joke that English is my second language as I have a yokel lilt. 👍🏼😂

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

end of rant!🤪
I have consulted all my style guides, and I can see no recommendation for abbreviating exempli gratia as e g”. The preferred abbreviation appears to be either “e.g.” or “eg.”, depending on location.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
By the way we are an „international“ forum, be gently to (me) all persons who don’t write in their mother language.
sometimes writing for me in my own language is heavy enough!

translate that:

woher soll ich wissen was ich schreibe bevor ich höre, was ich denke? 😜

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
edit: Capital P, Stuart (maybe) and should

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
There’s an option to tag photos. This helps a lot. Also annotated photos help.

Also when photos and other media are placed in threads they are also copied into the media gallery.

But the idea you came up with is good.

I’ll look into seeing if the software can be a little more helpful.

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There’s an option to tag photos. This helps a lot. Also annotated photos help.

Also when photos and other media are placed in threads they are also copied into the media gallery.

But the idea you came up with is good.

I’ll look into seeing if the software can be a little more helpful.
Hi, I’ve used the media gallery before and works well to browse through published pics. Couldn’t find a direct link to jump from a pic to the thread in which it was posted. Is this available or a potential enhancement request? Thx

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve used the media gallery before and works well to browse through published pics. Couldn’t find a direct link to jump from a pic to the thread in which it was posted. Is this available or a potential enhancement request? Thx
if you open an image, there's a sidebar on the right and there it says something like 'originally posted in thread...' and a link to the thread

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Great - our first grammar / spelling nazi.

(no offence meant by what is a commonly used term in Oz)
Whatever a "spelling Nazi" is in Australia (I don't really care): I really appreciate such help. I often find it hard to spell correctly, and I don't like all the sloppiness when it comes to communication.

To me, such writing (no commas, no capitalization, etc.) is simply disrespectful to the other person.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

end of rant!🤪

Thanks @DenisM for the timely reminder 😊.

I have always known that I've been weak on the spelling/language front, so I'll take any impromptu lesson in whatever form it comes. Please let me know how I can return the favour.

I do however have to forewarn you, that whilst I've attended english schooling it's likely to happen again. This might be a symptom of the 14 schools I attended, across 4 counties, and 3 Continents, whilst also trying to learn 5 secondly languages along the way (unfortunately none have stuck 😂). It probably didn't help being out of school for 6 months during these movements and ending up finishing high school a year earlier than my childhood friends.

Anyways life is exciting, great and I won't change anything, as it's made me who I am today - resilient, hopefully just like our future Grenadiers.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Whatever a "spelling Nazi" is in Australia (I don't really care): I really appreciate such help. I often find it hard to spell correctly, and I don't like all the sloppiness when it comes to communication.

To me, such writing (no commas, no capitalization, etc.) is simply disrespectful to the other person.
You've a point there emax (Emax).

Unfortunately in my industry back in the days we used telex machines and were charged per character. Thus even today we are hungover with poor use of capital letters (speed of typing) and everything abbreviated where possible.

It creeps in everywhere. Sloppy but institutional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom