The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New prices update (09 Nov 2022)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
Not exactly correct as on the old prices the £59k didn't include your on the roads circa £3k and now the £69 does include your on the roads. Still an increase but not to the level you're thinking.
Still a substantial increase, which thankfully early adopters are exempt from. Unfortunately, all manufacturers are subject to supply chains which are effecting everyone.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:56 AM
Reaction score
Still a substantial increase, which thankfully early adopters are exempt from. Unfortunately, all manufacturers are subject to supply chains which are effecting everyone.
I would be a bit worried if they weren't increasing their prices from time to time as that is just good business practice.
I like to get a pay rise every year so my employer has to get that money from somewhere.
When I sell something I inherently aim to get the highest price I reasonably can.
Ineos have shareholders who demand maximum returns and dividends.
Directors and senior management tend to lose their jobs if this doesn't happen

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:56 PM
Reaction score
I’m in the U.S., so i guess, technically we’ve not yet been given a price. Interesting contrast story to relate: when JLR announced the V8 Defender (around March/April 2021) I dropped by my local dealer and gave them my specs. The sales manager put the order in and gave me a price of $104k. The 2022 Defender showed up without any notice in January of 2022 with a price tag of $123k ( no dealer markups. Just inflation related price increases from JLR). I went in to pick it up and was asked for $104k minus $24k the dealer paid me for a 2012 LR4. So $80k plus taxes. I was pleasantly surprised and felt like I had been treated honestly. Maybe Ineos will surprise us?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Despite their best efforts eBay and forecourts will have quite a few up for sale within days of them being delivered. How many people buy cars, watches, shares etc and sell them straight away.

I take Rolex as a case in point. They have tried their best to stop flippers but the truth is that watches are collected from dealers and some are for sale at a healthy mark up a few hours later. That might be the last purchase the flipper makes with the company but there are plenty more where they came from.

It might not be the agents who will be doing it but fear not other car dealers will get hold of them and sell them on for sure.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
A year ago, that flipper market was red hot. There’s still a fair amount of that going on, but I have seen very significant cooling off; even in the hottest markets. Interest rates of 8% on new car purchases make that “market adjustment” price even more unpalatable for most buyers. I believe we will be ok with regards to the Grenadier’s launch in N America. There won’t be any discounts, but it looks like dealer markups are winding down. Save your cash and you will be sitting pretty in Q2 2024 when we finally see the Grenadier in the US (it better NOT be!)

TonyHerts

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
Yep, I added a few extras last week and they are at the old prices.
I updated my spec at the beginning of Dec and despite speaking to them twice, they have yet to confirm that the spec changes will be at the old prices. Furthermore, the email I received today from the customer services line didn't give me much confidence, as it implied there was a high chance of my contract having the wrong price when it arrives later this month!

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:56 AM
Reaction score
My numerous spec changes made in December to my vehicle ordered in May 2022, all went through at the old prices.
January build..... apparently.
If you don't mind me asking, speaking of spec changes, I paid my deposit yesterday for a certain config and want to add something. I made the change, saved the new config but I don't see it reflected in the order with a new $ total. How does that work?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
... but I don't see it reflected in the order with a new $ total. How does that work?
Because their website and administrative processes are crap. :devilish:
[Oops, I am way behind in the production queue again, see the thread "any contracts signed in 2023 :cry:]

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
I paid my deposit yesterday for a certain config
Then, this config is already at the new (higher) prices.

The price increase was in November.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom