The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New prices update (09 Nov 2022)

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Except the rolled in OTR costs are not detailed anywhere before checkout; and I'm uncertain if they are after?

Did you ever get any response on the OTR cost headings and what they actually are? The final contract wording is even more confusing, is there VAT on VAT:

View attachment 7795701
I’d need to take a closer look at a new contract, I take it you’ve ordered an N1 variant? You will never have VAT on VAT. Likewise I’m 99% certain there is no VAT on RFL either as you can’t TAX a TAX.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
whether to stick with the grenadier or keep reservations and purchase a Rivian R1S ... or the Denali EV
But these are two different universes in every way? :oops:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You nailed it. (y)

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
I’d need to take a closer look at a new contract, I take it you’ve ordered an N1 variant? You will never have VAT on VAT. Likewise I’m 99% certain there is no VAT on RFL either as you can’t TAX a TAX.
Not the case in Australia. Luxury car tax gets calculated on the GST inclusive figure of the car. Fortunately for us the Grenadier doesn’t have LCT in Oz

Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
If we are lucky, here in the US. The financial analysts are stating there will be more cars than buyers come spring 2023. The predict the supply chain will have caught up. The should depress the prices of used and new cars/trucks. This might affect the price Ineos is willing to charge.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Steve. Is there anything you can tell us about the price change affecting any modifications that we make to our existing orders?
If we add for example the winch - do we pay the old price or the new price?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Steve. Is there anything you can tell us about the price change affecting any modifications that we make to our existing orders?
If we add for example the winch - do we pay the old price or the new price?
I’ll be asking that question tomorrow as I’ll be with INEOS again for a couple of days.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Off topic, I know. But those were the days ...

Sorry guys.

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
But these are two different universes in every way? :oops:
Rivian will likely offroad better than the grenadier. Denali would be daily driver and used for towing a 10k lb rv to the coast or mountains. My current duramax is heavily modified and does much and more than what a grenadier could do. I'm not convinced I want or need any of the three, but I'm interested in them all and I get off the main roads a lot.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos has no dealers fortunately and we are in direct contact with the maker, brilliant...there is no bargaining. Imagine what the dealers would be doing right now if they had a floor plan negotiated a year or so ago, for ten to twenty or more Grenadiers...Wow. We are the lucky ones and Ineos got it right, spot on chaps...happy motoring

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Rivian will likely offroad better than the grenadier. Denali would be daily driver and used for towing a 10k lb rv to the coast or mountains. My current duramax is heavily modified and does much and more than what a grenadier could do. I'm not convinced I want or need any of the three, but I'm interested in them all and I get off the main roads a lot.
With the different universes I meant the Grenadier vs. the two EVs.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Max

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
With the different univereses I meant the Grenadier vs. the two EVs.
Drivetrain doesn't concern me. Less to go wrong with the EVs probably. And to be honest, is anyone who's ordered a grenadier thrilled it's got a bmw powerplant?

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, it's an N1 variant.

Any info you can get out of Ineos on what each line item actually is (well some are self explanatory) and why they are showing ex VAT for non-Vatable items.

I'll have to do the number crunching again tomorrow, but on the original order summary, the figures just didn't add up correctly.

Back
Top Bottom