The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New prices update (09 Nov 2022)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
Mmmm
My Grenadier has real Leather Recaro Seats, Sunroof, Full Lockers, proper AT tyres, Winch, Roo Bar, Towing Bar/Electrics, Alloy Wheels that don't look like plastic covers, Electrical Preparation, Roof Ladder. Proper Payload etc, etc, etc, etc etc for $114K driveaway

What does the LC300 GXL have for $114K driveaway?...........?............?............? nup cant think of anything but perhaps 7 cloth seats.

Too right the GXL is not a Grenadier Competitor. Perhaps the Sahara or ZRSport is - but they are $40K more than my vehicle.
Granted this is prior to the price rise, but this type of comparison sold me on the Grenadier straight away.
My thinking as well.

The December price rises were about 8% from memory and even with that - I think the Grenadier still has some "headroom" price wise in comparison to the LC 300 GXL.

By that I mean, the Grenadier is still better value than the LC GXL AFTER the Dec 2022 price rises and may remain so even if INEOS was to increase prices by, say, another 10% later in 2023.

I reckon IA will try to avoid a second price increase during the first year of production, esp. with the US launch in late 2023 but, that I guess depends on inflationary pressures during 2023 and what sort of fixed price contracts IA has with it's supplier base.

It's not as if other car manufacturers will not put their prices up too

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you!

Spec'd the same options on both the UK and Australian configurator, and removed VAT and GST from their respective prices. Converted prices were interesting. Who knows if it's because of exchange rates or market differences but at least it gets me in the ballpark:

Australia = about $70,000USD
UK = about $66,000USD

$55,000-60,000 would be better. $60,000-80,000 seems to be a weird price point in the US. Well continue holding our breaths here for more info.
See you’re not accounting for what we call “the Australia Tax”. Where every manufacturer on the planet adds a shit ton extra because we’re on the other side of the world and our market isn’t that big.
Everything is dearer in Australia compared to everywhere else after currency adjustment.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My thinking as well.

The December price rises were about 8% from memory and even with that - I think the Grenadier still has some "headroom" price wise in comparison to the LC 300 GXL.

By that I mean, the Grenadier is still better value than the LC GXL AFTER the Dec 2022 price rises and may remain so even if INEOS was to increase prices by, say, another 10% later in 2023.

I reckon IA will try to avoid a second price increase during the first year of production, esp. with the US launch in late 2023 but, that I guess depends on inflationary pressures during 2023 and what sort of fixed price contracts IA has with it's supplier base.

It's not as if other car manufacturers will not put their prices up too
I wonder whether they’ll want to preserve a price advantage for fleet sales…

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
I agree but it was as close as I could get
The GX is probably close to the base SW and the GXL to a specced up version
@grenadierboy @DaveB Remembering that also the 300 has NO roof loading once a rack is attached (40kg) I seriously considered upgrading my 200 GX for a new 300 but after comparing the specifications it was clear the IG was a winner

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mmmm
My Grenadier has real Leather Recaro Seats, Sunroof, Full Lockers, proper AT tyres, Winch, Roo Bar, Towing Bar/Electrics, Alloy Wheels that don't look like plastic covers, Electrical Preparation, Roof Ladder. Proper Payload etc, etc, etc, etc etc for $114K driveaway

What does the LC300 GXL have for $114K driveaway?...........?............?............? nup cant think of anything but perhaps 7 cloth seats.
A similar argument exists for IG’s most likely competitor, the New Defender. Heaps of post-delivery extras needed to match the utility of the IG. Also, yes it has options for leather and roof rack etc. but I read with disbelief over on the LR forums the effort/expense of swopping out the 20” alloys and tyres (and braking system all round) just to get back to some sensible size (18”) rims for A/T tyres. Crazy.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@grenadierboy @DaveB Remembering that also the 300 has NO roof loading once a rack is attached (40kg) I seriously considered upgrading my 200 GX for a new 300 but after comparing the specifications it was clear the IG was a winner
Yes I think this one has been conveniently swept under the carpet by media outlets who are getting paid by Toyota (via the threat of advertising $'s), to not highlight the serious deficiencies of the the LC300.
The LC300 only has a 100KG rooftop limit - period. Thats 50% less than what the previous model LC200 had
Forget even trying to put a decent hard lid tent on top.

Last edited:
Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
So just for giggles I went and specd a defender online. I picked absolutely the cheapest one..... the P300 four exploding four cylinder. The cheapest diesel was heaps more.

Anyway the only options were the "off road pack" $1000 and the FourThousandDollar Tow Bar. So five 5 big ones in options.. Total pov pack defender. Hold the air suspension (although it's $0) so you miss out on the off road terrain response system.

Anyway the price comes in at 99k Drive away. I'm not sure I even know where to start with what I'd have to add to it.

Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
Drove a Nissan Armada (same as Patrol) for a week late last year, felt a bit low rent & tinny to me. Even with a big petrol V8 still seemed a bit sluggish.

The build quality and solidity of the Grenadier prototypes put them in a different class to the Patrol.
Don't drive a 200 series or a 300 series LC then, the y62 Patrol is like a rocket ship in comparison, and the hot V V6 design in the 300 I am not alone in thinking will be a future reliability nightmare especially in hot climates. the only good thing I can see in the motor are the German Mahle steel pistons they are bragging about, but they leave out the German and Mahle bit, Mahle has the Patent.

TonyHerts

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I updated my spec at the beginning of Dec and despite speaking to them twice, they have yet to confirm that the spec changes will be at the old prices. Furthermore, the email I received today from the customer services line didn't give me much confidence, as it implied there was a high chance of my contract having the wrong price when it arrives later this month!
Had a call from them today and also my dealer has now called. They confirmed that the price rise won't be applied which is great. However, they have updated the spec on my order and the price it shows is neither the pre price rise price or the new one!! The lady I spoke to said ignore the website as they are having problems. but to make sure that I am happy that the pre price rise prices have been applied in my contract which she said I will have within two weeks. Thankfully I downloaded a pre price rise price list before it was updated

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
but to make sure that I am happy that the pre price rise prices have been applied in my contract
My contract prices are wrong, but Ineos told me to speak to the agent. Couldn't explain how the agent could correct an error in a document they had neither authored or seen. Problem just kicked further down the road and I'll try again at the next stage.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My contract prices are wrong, but Ineos told me to speak to the agent. Couldn't explain how the agent could correct an error in a document they had neither authored or seen. Problem just kicked further down the road and I'll try again at the next stage.
Funny you should say that, I asked my agent and he said it should be in the contract (correct pricing)

TonyHerts

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
interesting. I won't sign a contract that has the wrong spec or price....

Appreciate they are a new firm but the client/contract side does worry me

Back
Top Bottom