The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Local Forum / Club Chapters / Divisions and "The Global Grenadiers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes, love the idea. @emax laughed or scolded me when I brought this up a year ago. Maybe I live in the future. Anyways, I vote for Brigade since it ties in nicely with how Grenadier we're designated. It is also abbreviated, sorry @Jean Mercier as GB which ties nicely into Great Britain. In the end, I will go with any answer as long it is Brigade.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Gaggle,
Mob
Murder
Flock
You really like your birds. I always get a kick out of calling a group of crows, murder. Talk about leaning into your Edgar Allen Poe and focus on the macab. I get it they are associated with dead bodies but still.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes, love the idea. @emax laughed or scolded me when I brought this up a year ago. Maybe I live in the future. Anyways, I vote for Brigade since it ties in nicely with how Grenadier we're designated. It is also abbreviated, sorry @Jean Mercier as GB which ties nicely into Great Britain. In the end, I will go with any answer as long it is Brigade.
I definitely don't agree with GB.
On the other hand, swap it, Brigade Grenadier, therefore BG, then I can remember more easily the abbreviation: Belgian Grenadier :unsure:

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Division works. We could also use District -- North American District, European District, etc. I don't much mind what we call them but do echo that "Chapters" has been coopted by the biker types and may not be a good look.

@Stu_Barnes if you need someone to help out on the moderation side, I've managed communities of one manner or another my whole career and I'd be happy to step up for North America/Canada (or the western bits of said areas since it looks like the East is already covered).

Michael Gain

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes

I don't post often, but thank you for all of the work you are putting into this community. Obviously, your modeling paved the way for suggestions and adjustments. I appreciate you and those brave souls that volunteer to moderate the sub forums.

Great time to be alive.

Headed back to the Ram forums now.

Norville

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about "Global", but seems appropriate to the group.

At least "Globetrotters" wasn't chosen, hehe.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
Love the idea of local forums.

As I was reading through the responses and forming my opinion on the global and local structure, I realized that I needed to back up and get some foundational questions answered first. And at risk of hijacking this thread, I'll list them below. Happy to start a new thread or quiet down if these have been addressed elsewhere...please let me know!

Is this forum officially recognized/endorsed by Ineos?​

How do forum users view the role of Ineos both at the higher corporate level and then at the dealership level, as they relate to this forum. Do members welcome their interaction and want more of it, or is this truly by the people, for the people? If it's welcome, what is the best way to facilitate it?​

Is there any direct link to their corporate team - do they post updates or press releases directly to the forum, or have active contributing users/members, or maybe offline feedback/communication with forum top brass?​

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
The grenadier guards are a regiment.
Grenadier and regiment are old French words , and where is the factory? Not quite in Belgium 😉. However "Regiment" would have global appeal, unless perhaps you lived in China.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I really like the global/one world spirit of the forum. Following @Jean Mercier former post: I learn every day something new of english language.
I like CLUSTER , modern, non military and descripes that we are all part of something big.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The grenadier guards are a regiment.
Grenadier and regiment are old French words , and where is the factory? Not quite in Belgium 😉. However "Regiment" would have global appeal, unless perhaps you lived in China.
But at least we have the spare parts warehouse of the Grenadier in Belgium :devilish:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
I think german speaking people in Austria (Graz)😉😂
I knew someone would spot that!
When Ineos launched the project they said they had engaged "200 German engineers".
Whether they crossed the border into Austria or not is anyone's guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom