The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just Received via email from INEOS North America - 03 May 2023

REOhio

Reservation Holder
Forum Donor
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Built on Purpose​
mpTX5_fJvdx8-kXeHz08t_Db16c_79YaY0m2yHYh6jUm7lRhu35l5a8eOtAYtYJW-VEmje_WRMdU2wLak8YETNEA_YiJLe-ngzzh1ARmZzRewGNWQMzsWIC3GtlQEuT3VbKuCU9dFuKi36JjGq0hSBUe-EK2miWXhdOStw=s0-d-e1-ft
Hi Robert,

We wanted you to be the first to know – we’re going to reveal the Grenadier launch specification, pricing and planned sales and servicing coverage soon.

As Greg shared in our latest video webinar, we’ll publish this important information on our website on May 17th.

So you’ll be able to explore all the Grenadier features, options and accessories you need, as well as a map of where you can expect to buy and service your vehicle.

Then, approximately two weeks later, pre-orders will open. And you’ll have four weeks to send us your final specification.

So, not long to go now. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please get in touch.​

Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
I received this email too. Can't wait to know what the MSRP will be like. I hope it is below the new Defender MSRP and at least similar to a 23' Toyota Sequoia otherwise will be tough to go this route.

REOhio

Reservation Holder
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I received this email too. Can't wait to know what the MSRP will be like. I hope it is below the new Defender MSRP and at least similar to a 23' Toyota Sequoia otherwise will be tough to go this route.
Agree 100%. I am very willing to pay a bit above the inherent value of the IG due to its unique qualities and boutique positioning in the market, but it at least has to be within reason. I am literally counting the days before we get to see "the proof in the pudding".

MaddMatt

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for posting - for some reason mine went to my spam folder, while all the other messages from Ineos have come directly to my inbox. gmail issue I'm sure, but I would have missed it if you hadn't posted

MarksGrenadier

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
I received the same mail so things are on track like they said. It will be interesting if they actually get the cars over here by the end of this year. My guess is add 3 months to the dates and I won't be disappointed, February 24 will be a good month.

I really think that they should offer the US some aggressive (or competitive) pricing so they get more into circulation as that is when the US off-road market will take notice and make a run on these great 4x4's. It all about visibility here as its a completely new brand and product and every jeep owner I know has never even heard of them. When I go to Moab next spring, that will get others to see it in the flesh and orders will increase. I hope they don't over price them right at the start. Get more market share first, then adjust.

ryket

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I really think that they should offer the US some aggressive (or competitive) pricing so they get more into circulation as that is when the US off-road market will take notice and make a run on these great 4x4's.

That would be fantastic but it depends on production volume. If for example they already have enough reservations to cover 2 years of production (I'm making that up) then there is no need to drop pricing. Ineos obviously wants to be a player in the US market but I don't know if they're interested in shipping a lot of vehicles here in the near future.

Edit: obviously they need to avoid pricing it so high that all the reservation holders cancel

MarksGrenadier

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
That would be fantastic but it depends on production volume. If for example they already have enough reservations to cover 2 years of production (I'm making that up) then there is no need to drop pricing. Ineos obviously wants to be a player in the US market but I don't know if they're interested in shipping a lot of vehicles here in the near future.

Edit: obviously they need to avoid pricing it so high that all the reservation holders cancel
100% agree it all has to do with their number of reservations and how many units they are pumping out per day at the factory. There is a big up front cost of setting up a dealer and service network in the USA so the number of units sold here really helps pay for the investment. They must have had to promise these new dealers a certain amount of vehicles per year to make it viable. I had heard previously that their goal is 30,000 vehicles per year once they ramp up so it would be interesting to see at what level they are now, probably far less. Also agree that having reservation US holders bail would be disaster for them.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According the lead Ineos Tech Rep at the NY event this week, I was told the following:
-Pricing uncertainty for the NA market (from Ineos' standpoint) has largely centered around the cost of transportation and importation into the US. Their cost to build each unit is a known figure and quantifying the logistics has been the hold up in establishing final pricing.

How much of that is completely accurate I do not know, but it seems to make sense (more sense than the internet spy team at Ineos scouring this forum to see how much they could possibly squeeze out of US reservation holders)

m-j

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I believe it competes more with the 4Runner, so for me it need to be under the 2024 4Runner (considering I won't get it until 2024).

MJ

ryket

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I believe it competes more with the 4Runner, so for me it need to be under the 2024 4Runner (considering I won't get it until 2024).

MJ

I think it's safe to say that is not going to happen. It will almost certainly be significantly more expensive than the 4Runner.

You are getting more car for your money though.

REOhio

Reservation Holder
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
According the lead Ineos Tech Rep at the NY event this week, I was told the following:
-Pricing uncertainty for the NA market (from Ineos' standpoint) has largely centered around the cost of transportation and importation into the US. Their cost to build each unit is a known figure and quantifying the logistics has been the hold up in establishing final pricing.

How much of that is completely accurate I do not know, but it seems to make sense (more sense than the internet spy team at Ineos scouring this forum to see how much they could possibly squeeze out of US reservation holders)
Good points and good info from the rep. The guy from INEOS (who was from the UK) we spoke to at the Tampa event shared that at the time they had 7000 North American reservations. This included USA and Canada but not Mexico. They are hoping that 4000 of those reservations will turn into actual orders. With all the issues, well on display here among our global brethren, that figure may be optimistic. If pricing, dealer accessibility, service network or some combination of these do not meet expectations they will see many "bails".

Back
Top Bottom