The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Is this normal? (Steering squeal)

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
I have no problems with the steering driving but when my son pulled away this morning I heard the whine on the street. I will check the fluid when he gets back but odd to hear it. 275 mi on the vehicle is all at this point.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My whine goes away when I turn the A/C fan speed to off. (This is not a Texas joke)

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just to clarify: do you have the noise only when the car is moving?
Yes I could hear it when he was backing out of the garage. It is not the sound of a belt slipping or a bad bearing, something different. So far not too concerned about it, just a noise and sounds like pretty common.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
I have the same noise on mine. Most noticeable sitting in the school pickup line going 5mph with the windows down. It’s been there since test drove it. I was hoping it would “break-in” a little, but doesn’t seem to have done that in 800 miles

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
Mine does it, 250 miles or so. It will stop, but if I press the brake or turn the steering wheel off center, it will start up again.. I don’t think a car should sound like that.

Back
Top Bottom