The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Is there a cold weather pack, heated steering wheel front windshield?

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
I get why they didn't have a heated steering wheel initially- they likely planned on sales in Australia and Africa, where those buyers figured it's a waste of money. I'm in New England, and just about every car has some type of heat package for buyers. My LR has the option for heated seats (both front and back), heated steering wheel (love that feature!), heated windshield (it has small wires in the glass to heat the windshield), and maybe the washer jets are heated (so they work in the cold), but not sure on that. The heated steering wheel is almost a mandatory feature where I am for maybe 5 months of the year, so as Ineos sells in Massachusetts, they will surely start offering it. This may be a "mid model" update.

Vote:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
I get why they didn't have a heated steering wheel initially- they likely planned on sales in Australia and Africa, where those buyers figured it's a waste of money. I'm in New England, and just about every car has some type of heat package for buyers. My LR has the option for heated seats (both front and back), heated steering wheel (love that feature!), heated windshield (it has small wires in the glass to heat the windshield), and maybe the washer jets are heated (so they work in the cold), but not sure on that. The heated steering wheel is almost a mandatory feature where I am for maybe 5 months of the year, so as Ineos sells in Massachusetts, they will surely start offering it. This may be a "mid model" update.
why not just move to somewhere that has better weather?

Vote:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
I asked about the windscreen right at the start. Its such a brilliant thing. Its the one and only thing I’ll miss on the Ford Ranger.

Reactions: PBD
Vote:

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Those who drove Land Rover Series with or without a heater became well practised in keeping the inside of the front screen clear of frost, often with a palm pressed to the screen! Even with the optional heater they were chilly in cold weather.
Heated steering wheels and screens are great though!

Reactions: PBD
Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in New England, and just about every car has some type of heat package for buyers. The heated steering wheel is almost a mandatory feature where I am for maybe 5 months of the year, so as Ineos sells in Massachusetts, they will surely start offering it. This may be a "mid model" update.
You do understand that many, many, MANY vehicles do not have heated steering wheels, right? Including those sold in Massachusetts (or.... big shock coming here, places that are even colder, including Canada and Northern Europe).

The heated steering wheel question was posed at some of the Ineos UK folks, and it was a very solid "no" as it being in the cards at any point. If you keep the interior warm, the steering wheel warms up pretty quick, considering it has two (ideally) things that are around 98ºF in direct contact with it most of the time

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
You do understand that many, many, MANY vehicles do not have heated steering wheels, right? Including those sold in Massachusetts (or.... big shock coming here, places that are even colder, including Canada and Northern Europe).

The heated steering wheel question was posed at some of the Ineos UK folks, and it was a very solid "no" as it being in the cards at any point. If you keep the interior warm, the steering wheel warms up pretty quick, considering it has two (ideally) things that are around 98ºF in direct contact with it most of the time
I'm sure lots of cars have no heated steering wheel, but I'm not in the market for any of them! I have a heated steering wheel, seats, and front windshield - and combined with the defrost it works wonderfully well in the winter. If that's not for you, OK that's fine, but I'm coming from a LR where I have it already and I'd not pass it up on my next car. In all seriousness, the Grenadier may just be too much OD than I'd want, and that's fine, we're all a bit different. I will test the newly designed Lexus GX Over Trail, and maybe the new LC in the US. I suspect Ineos will eventually offer a heat package, if for no better reason than US consumers will pay for it and the feature is available on alternatives.

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure what website Dave's been visiting?! I guess now we now know what Dave looks at on the internet. You go Dave - you buy you... No shame in your selfies

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not only that, but the Grenadiers controls are all designed to be operable with gloves on.
And quite comfy and easy to do so... Wait, you Aussies should be used to that after the past few months, right?

Vote:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And quite comfy and easy to do so... Wait, you Aussies should be used to that after the past few months, right?
Not me, I have occasionally worn driving gloves when driving convertible cars, both for sun protection in summer and warmth in winter. But have never done so in a hardtop vehicle. Only time I could envisage operating the vehicle with gloves on would be while doing a recovery.

Vote:

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My IG comes with heated seats, just because I ordered leather, could not even unclick the heated seat option. What gives with that? When am I going to use heated seats 17deg from the equator?
Still I opted leather seats. I guess I could have just bought a leather seat LC300…

Vote:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Not only that, but the Grenadiers controls are all designed to be operable with gloves on.
And I asked myself many times why on earth they put this out that often. It always sounds like „our heating doesn’t work, but you can wear gloves instead.“
The only car I drive with gloves in winter is my old Defender as the heating is a bad joke indeed…
But on the other side I do not live in Alaska.

Vote:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And I asked myself many times why on earth they put this out that often. It always sounds like „our heating doesn’t work, but you can wear gloves instead.“
The only car I drive with gloves in winter is my old Defender as the heating is a bad joke indeed…
But on the other side I do not live in Alaska.
My old Mum would say take them off inside the vehicle or you won't feel the benefit of them outside.

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
The Land Rover heated windshield works great, but it costs way more to replace.
I've had no extra cost with 2 windshields replaced. It may be a State insurance difference, so it's going to depend on where you live. In Mass. a windshield is "covered" no matter what. it's potentially unsafe and the State mandates/forces insurance companies to pay for replacements. when the glass replacement company came out, they absolutely tried to install a non-heated variety, rather aggressively. I asked for heated one several times, and they tried their best to install a non heated one. If i wasn't there to shoo them away with their non heated windshield, that's what I'd have now. They said it would take weeks, where they were here now with a glass replacement, and didn't I want a new windshield! Ha, yes, but I want the LR heated one, and it was covered by insurance so I waited. That said, I'm sure it did cost the insurance company more money, but it didn't cost me. as a mandatory item to replace, it also didn't nix my insurance premium, as a chip is likely a "no fault" item anyways. Living in New England, I've found the heated windshield to be effective in that it melts the snow more quickly when the defroster is on as well. It's not magic, but it does speed the process up a bit. It's a nice feature, but I don't view it as a mandatory feature.

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom