The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi everyone Riccardo from Italy/UK

chriscroft

Production/Transit
Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
Good evening, and welcome to this forum.
Have you ordered a 2 or 5-seater?
The time will soon fly, you're in good company here 👍
I think mine has already been built.....🤞maybe just awaiting shipping, but not really sure.
I hope that not too many bits are missing from mine when it arrives

Local time
Reaction score
Good evening, and welcome to this forum.
Have you ordered a 2 or 5-seater?
The time will soon fly, you're in good company here 👍
I think mine has already been built.....🤞maybe just awaiting shipping, but not really sure.
I hope that not too many bits are missing from mine when it arrives
Ordered a 5 seater but just heard back from the Ineos representative and I have been told there have been issues in the last 2 weeks that are pushing back deliveries.
I suspect (speculating here from what I heard) that the problems have arisen during quality controls and therefore we might be seeing the cars only by the end of Q2.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
from what I’ve been told, there were some quality issues from the welding of rear metal panels that were picked up, but glass optioned rear panels were unaffected.

Local time
Reaction score
mmmm, I'd love to know what the issues are, other than missing bits.
I have the sense that it is not only about missing parts, that was the reason of 2022 delaying into 2023.
Something happened in the last 2 weeks during quality check and cannot be only the rear panels as mine as an example has windows.
I am afraid it might be something with regards to the Diff Locks or some other substantial optional component.
I cannot confirm but it seems to me that very few if any LHD N1 5 seater have been delivered and the ones delivered in Germany were probably in basic configuration without Diff Locks. (I'm speculating here so don't take my word just here say)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
I have the sense that it is not only about missing parts, that was the reason of 2022 delaying into 2023.
Something happened in the last 2 weeks during quality check and cannot be only the rear panels as mine as an example has windows.
I am afraid it might be something with regards to the Diff Locks or some other substantial optional component.
I cannot confirm but it seems to me that very few if any LHD N1 5 seater have been delivered and the ones delivered in Germany were probably in basic configuration without Diff Locks. (I'm speculating here so don't take my word just here say)
I’d lay money that the ‘software fault’ mentioned a week or two ago will be mysteriously resolved by lunchtime on the 8th, with delivery window invites in the mail…

Local time
Reaction score
ahead of delivery windows I would love to sign the contract.......bare in mind I was amongst the first ones in the world to option it......something must have happened just very curious about it nothing more.

I’d lay money that the ‘software fault’ mentioned a week or two ago will be mysteriously resolved by lunchtime on the 8th, with delivery window invites in the mail…

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
ahead of delivery windows I would love to sign the contract.......bare in mind I was amongst the first ones in the world to option it......something must have happened just very curious about it nothing more.
Yes, without covering old ground… one hypothesis is that the greatest impact of the supply chain issues you mention was to delay the model launch, and it’s fundamentally the timing of this which explains the delivery backlog/delay. That said, I’m sure there will be other constrained components which will affect production scheduling over the next months - simply because other manufacturers, with normally stable supply chains, are reporting such. We’re all enthusiastically speculating, of course.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
Sometimes problems occur that affect only a few cars, say one in ten, for example. In such a case, you have a problem. You need to find out why the problem only occurs in some cars. And until that's figured out and fixed, it's a high risk to deliver something with a ticking time bomb.

So you have to bite the bullet and clarify the matter, despite having finished cars on stock.

Back
Top Bottom